PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for an offsite hotel?

NewDVCowner
04-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey all!

My family (seven adults) is going to WDW in December. Our original plan was to do an overnight flight, arrive in the morning, take ME to AKL (where we're staying) check in then hit the parks. Now we're looking at flying in the day before, get a one day rental car, go to the grocery store, stay the night in an inexpensive hotel and then drive over to WDW the next morning. So, here's my question to the wonderful members of Intercot: What are some recomendations of hotels that are close to WDW and are not too pricey?

Thanks so much!

Pirate Granny
04-06-2010, 01:27 PM
The hotel has been re-named, but we found this very roomy...two double beds (may be queens...can't remember) in the bedroom along with a double vanity. full kitchen (only four chairs) full bathroom, with another vanity and living room with a murphy bed. Since the murphy bed comes out of the wall, someone could tecnically sleep on the couch...very reasonably priced...and all seven of you could manage one night here...
Celebration Suites At Old Town
5820 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway - Suite 192, FL 34746 Kissimmee
:pirate:

NewDVCowner
04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks!

kathiep
04-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Last year we did a 1 night stay at the Fairfield Inn complex right outside Downtown Disney. It was a nice campus set up with the Fairfield, Marriott and one other. Each had their own pool, there was a small food court on site and it was very close to some chain dining locations. It was perfect for us for the one night.

#1donaldfan
04-09-2010, 09:19 AM
.....for a place to lay your head and shower....we have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just at DtD...it's off of 4, under $ 100 using AAA.....from there it's not but a 5 / 10 minute drive to POR, our resort, so probably not too much further to yours....:mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
04-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Last September we got down a day early and stayed in Knights Inn on Irlo Bronson right outside of WDW. Cost for two of us was under $40.

NewDVCowner
04-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks everyone!

Jillirose
04-09-2010, 08:21 PM
The Caribe Royal is all suites and inexpensive. It's right at the light near the entrance to WDW. We've stayed there twice :)

giraffeisland
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Knights Inn on Irlo Bronson AKA 192 nice.