PDA

View Full Version : Where can I NOT use a Disney Gift Card

jwildflower1981
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I was think maybe everyone can help me put together a list of the stores, restaurants, and little kisosk booth's that do not except the Disney Gift Card as payment. I think there are some places in Epcot and DTD that don't take it, I'm just not sure where.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-08-2010, 07:22 PM
We are big fans of the Disney Gift card.

There are not many locations where it cannot be used, but you are right that there are a few.

Any cart that isn't "connected" (wired into the system) won't be able to take it, as they are cash only. These aren't too common, and usually are out in busier times, selling water and quick snacks.

There are some non-disney owned restaurants, and I don't believe that they take the gift card, but I'm not 100% sure of all of the details.

For us, the gift card has worked wonderfully.

KAT1811
04-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Universal! :funny:

crltkcagle
04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
LOL

Universal! :funny:

Jack Skellington
04-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Does Disney Cruise Line take Disney Gift Cards?

JS:mickey:

sainter
05-17-2016, 01:11 PM
Yes you can use Disney Gift cards on Disney Cruise Line. You can put their value on your account and I believe can also use in the stores onboard

BrerGnat
05-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Yes you can use Disney Gift cards on Disney Cruise Line. You can put their value on your account and I believe can also use in the stores onboard

It cannot be used to pay for anything onboard. All the stores only can charge to your shipboard account.

But you can go to Guest Services and apply a giftcard to your account.

BriarRose0708
05-18-2016, 08:51 AM
You can't use them at restaurants like Rainforest Cafe in DTD - I wanted to do this in Disneyland and they can't take them. Now, I don't know about the one outside Animal Kingdom. Other than that, there may be a couple carts in the parks that don't accept them but I didn't find this to be the case on my last trip. I believe there is a website somewhere that lists all the locations they are accepted.

I will typically buy the Disney gift cards at Target with my food budget. I find that when I just use my credit/debit cards while in Disney I overspend (shocker, right?) so by using the gift cards it helps me stay on track with spending, and then anything that's left over I just use to buy souvenirs or snacks to bring home with me. It has worked really well!

BrerGnat
05-18-2016, 03:48 PM
Lots of Disney Springs stores won't take them. Basically, anything non Disney owned will not.

writergrl_14
09-01-2016, 09:25 PM
I was think maybe everyone can help me put together a list of the stores, restaurants, and little kisosk booth's that do not except the Disney Gift Card as payment. I think there are some places in Epcot and DTD that don't take it, I'm just not sure where.

wdwfactoftheday.com might be able to help you.

i'm grumpy
09-21-2016, 08:46 PM
What about the Parks shopping app? I don't like the idea of using a cc even with the 10% discount.