PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Keepers online

5togetherWDW
04-06-2010, 07:49 AM
The website for the Disney Kingdom Keepers books now has an active online game. Apparently the Overtakers have left WDW and have taken over the internet. There are profiles of the books characters -- and you decide which Keeper you want to use while battling the Overtakers. Internet hubs have been infected by the Overtakers and must be cleansed by the Kingdom Keepers to restore order to the network.

www.thekingdomkeepers.com

Maleficent makes an appearance at the start and the header shows Disney attratcions / signs -- but the game itself didn't start very Disney. (No where near as park connected as I had hoped.) Starts as simply a blue and gray walk and shoot thing. Perhaps my sons will have skills and get past the beginning to find more Disney connections -- but this is so not my style that they lost me on levle one. . . .

Still, the game is open, the book is for sale, and there are good views of Epcot in the Ridley Pearson promo bit . . .

Strmchsr
04-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the notice. My boys love those books.

Lakin
04-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I got accepted into Beta for the game and I'm rather disappointed. Ridley said it's supposed to be an MMO, but you don't even get to interact with other players, so how is it an MMO? I got bored real fast.

JPL
04-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I haven't had a chance to check it out but was hoping it would be similar to VMK from the sounds of it it's really not :(

Lakin
04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Ridley announced before-hand (I think on his blog) that the game would not be anything like VMK, so I guess that knocks down that hope.