PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten..yes or no????

Bubbie Girl
04-05-2010, 05:48 PM
I have made a reseveration for Biegarten and since then have seen alot of negative reviews on the food. Those of you have dined there please give me a yes or no!!! I thought the show might be fun and the food is a buffet style so I thought everyone in our group (5 adults and a toddler) would find something to eat, but if the food is not so good I have no problem finding another choice. There are so many places to pick from. What is it that people don't like about this restaurant?? or love??

Thnaks much

Queenbee2
04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
My husband and I love Biergarten. We go every trip. I did list it in my ADR line up and everybody poo pood it.
I am taking my parents this year and they looked at the menu and didn't want to go.
I say go. I really like it.

DizneyRox
04-05-2010, 06:15 PM
This is one of my must dos... Actually got a couple reservations set up already, thinking about adding another. I don't much care for the show, but it's not bad, just not really much to speak of.

ibrowse17
04-05-2010, 06:33 PM
It's on our "must do" list as well. My wife did not think she would like on our first trip, but ended up loving it. She had no problem finding something good to eat. I hope you do try it, and enjoy it:thumbsup:

LoganBaileeMom
04-05-2010, 06:37 PM
It's a must do for us. I ate there for my first time last trip and loved it...The band was playing that day and my daughter & I danced.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-05-2010, 06:37 PM
We're another yes! We've been twice (once for lunch and once for dinner) and both times we really enjoyed it.

The food is good, I'm quite picky and had no trouble finding lots to eat, the band is fun, DH loves the beer and the atmosphere is cool.

LVT
04-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Another vote for Biergarten. Our group of 3 adults enjoyed it. I thought the price was a bit steep, but I liked the food and music so we will go again. We also liked Boma, Sannaa Tusker House.

dmallan
04-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Another vote for YES!
We really enjoyed the food and the entertainment.

The only down side, and it's really not awful, is that they fill up their tables for 8 by placing two smaller groups together. In other words it's not a place for a romantic dinner for two!
My DH and I ate there last September and ended up sitting next to a nice group from out west. We enjoyed talking with them, but I can see where others would not care for being in that situation.

Wishmaker
04-05-2010, 06:45 PM
The food is fabulous as long as you like German Food. :thumbsup: My DH and I love it. My DD14 not so much. The entertainment is awesome. :party: You can't go wrong as long as you know what the food type is.

I believe those that poo pood it, just don't like Sauerbraten Sauerdraut Spaetzle Schnitzel and
Frikadellen . :D

Have a great trip.

ToashaF
04-05-2010, 06:47 PM
We went and half of our group of 6 liked it, the other half didn't. The best part was we shared our table with two guys who own a restaurant down south. I think it is a good idea to check it out at least once!

faline
04-05-2010, 06:49 PM
It's certainly not on my must do list. The show is energetic and fun. Your table mates can make or break it - on our last visit our table mates completely ignored us. The food was okay but wouldn't make me rush back.

wdwvacationeer
04-05-2010, 07:01 PM
We went a couple of years ago and thought that the food was fine and the entertainment good. However, we will not go back unless we have enough people with us to fill a table. We were seated with a couple who I assume was on their honeymoon. They spoke no English and had their video camera set up taping themselves (and some of us) throughout their dinner. We were seated closer to the entertainment and therefore, further from the buffet. So, everytime someone wanted to get up and get something to eat we had to go around them or their camera. Awkward.

IrishMickey
04-05-2010, 07:15 PM
We have gone here on every trip and have enjoyed it every time, even my kids. On our next trip my DH asked to skip this to try something new, I am a little hesitant, just because it has become such a staple place to go on our trips. So try it out, it is a fun place!:thumbsup:

CaptSmee
04-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I've only been once, but I loved it and 2 others with me thought it was ok, and DS hated it. You have to be a big fan of meats to enjoy Biergarten's food. I ate so much that I had the "meat sweats". I was groaning all night I ate so much schnitzel, franks, and sausages... :)

mdhiggin
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
We ate there once, and the food was very bland. The desserts, however, were great. Maybe they were having an off night, but we tried many different things and nothing was good.

obsessive planner
04-05-2010, 11:21 PM
I think it's worth a try. My husband and I both really liked it. It is true about who you are seated with. We were seated with two different groups and one was a family with kids who ignored us but the other couple were really interesting. They were Florida natives and were just there to eat dinner! They said they did it all the time.

Spaceship Tigger
04-06-2010, 10:11 AM
We've been there six times now and go every trip. Love the food (there's a great variety) and the entertainment.

The whole "seated with others" thing I just tolerate. Typically people will either be friendly and talk to you or simply ignore you. Either way that's fine. It does seem strange, though, when you're brought in for an early seating and most of the place is empty, yet they still seat you at the same table that other people are already seated.

Scar
04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
What is it that people don't like about this restaurant?? or love??My guess is that most of the people who don't like the food simply don't like German food. I think it is delicious and have never been disappointed.

Biergarten has become my favorite restaurant for overall experience (value, food, entertainment, etc.) since the princesses ruined Akershus.

diz_girl
04-06-2010, 10:36 AM
The food is fabulous as long as you like German Food.
I believe those that poo pood it, just don't like Sauerbraten Sauerdraut Spaetzle Schnitzel and
Frikadellen .

You know, I don't think that I've ever seen the words 'gourmet' and 'German food' together in a sentence. I'm not a German food fan, so thanks for the info. I'd just east Spaetzle the entire time.

Just a slightly funny story - I almost had to dine at a German restaurant three years ago for Mother's Day, as my MIL is German. But as luck would have it, I came down with shingles (odd because I was 37 and 8 months pregnant) and had to stay home. So I must really dislike German food if I was happier to get shingles than to dine in a German restaurant. :D

PittFan
04-06-2010, 10:36 AM
We had passed Biergarten over when we made our ADR's for years because the menu seemed bland. WOW, were we mistaken !!! We decided to just give it a try last year because we were having a hard time getting ressies elsewhere. So glad we did. Even my DD14 who is an extremely picky eater loved it. We made sure to make an ADR there for our upcoming trip in October. This place is a hidden gem IMO. :mickey:

Dragongirlx
04-06-2010, 10:56 AM
we have eaten here once. The food was ok not bad but nothing special. The desserts were beautiful though and well worth it. The entertainment was very good too.
I would say to try it.

Scar
04-06-2010, 10:58 AM
You know, I don't think that I've ever seen the words 'gourmet' and 'German food' together in a sentence. That's only 'cause the German's and the French hate each other. ;)

rainbodragon
04-06-2010, 06:05 PM
gf and i ate there once and it was a miserable experience for me, gf thought it was okbut not terribly impressed. DO NOT GO IF
1. you dont like the smell of sourkraut (duh, right)

2. you dont like loud places. the show is loud and the whole place is tile and concrete with no sound dampening. good luck having a conversation.

2 you dont like sitting with strangers. i was penned in and couldnt get up without asking the person next to me (who I did not know) to get up.

if these dont seem like a big deal, then you will most likely enjoy yourself as so many people do.

whatever you decide, have a great trip! :D

twinboyz
04-07-2010, 02:09 PM
We've eaten there in the past and have already made our ADR's to eat there for the next trip. It's a fun place and we think the food is very tasty. First time that we are bringing the kids will be this year. I have one who is a picky eater, but I'm positive he will enjoy his meal there. I say go for it! ;)

Wishmaker
04-07-2010, 05:31 PM
DO NOT GO IF
1. you dont like the smell of sourkraut (duh, right)

You hit the nail on the head there. I love love love it! But my DD can not handle it. We have eaten there about three times and I promised her we would never go back when she was with us. You can begin to smell the aroma as soon as you get to the check in. ( which is outside) :cloud9:

Laughin' place
04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
My boys (raised on home-made German food) and I have always gone. Its not the best German, but good, filling, and doesnt taste like typical restaurant food. On a long trip, I get tired of eating out, and this (like Garden Grille) tastes a little more home-made to me.
Last trip (6/08), my new wife and our two (picky) stepsons were along. They (the boys) were both dubious, and they liked the meal quite a lot. GIve it a try, a bad meal at WDW beats most things I can think of, and you may love it

DiannaJ
04-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I go everytime I go too and the food is great and the people I have been seated with are very interesting. This last time we met a couple that both worked at the Nasa Space Center as engineeers and the other couple were retired RVer's from Lake Tahoe so we talked alot and had a great time. It's all in what you make it and there is alot of singing and dancing if your brave enough to get up and get on the dance floor...:thumbsup:

AmandaChan
04-08-2010, 04:26 AM
I really don't understand why there are bad reviews on the food. My husband and I loved the food. Yeah it's German fair and that may not be everyone's favorite but it is not like it is too different from the food that we eat. We loved this place. It was one of our favorites on our last trip and we couldn't believe that we hadn't gone sooner.

AmandaChan
04-08-2010, 04:27 AM
You hit the nail on the head there. I love love love it! But my DD can not handle it. We have eaten there about three times and I promised her we would never go back when she was with us. You can begin to smell the aroma as soon as you get to the check in. ( which is outside) :cloud9:

Actually I HATE saurkraut (sp) and I still loved this place!

Fastpasssteve
04-08-2010, 05:39 AM
The Biergarten is a must-do. It is entertaining, features German specialties and national comfort food, great desserts, and a band. And let's not forget the GIANT biers they serve there, just like in the Hoffbrau Haus in Munich. You're a group of five. Even if you're stuck with a small group who are duds, you can sway the table and ensure a good time. Are you a gregarious and fun-loving family? Then definitely, YES.

DonLefNY
04-08-2010, 08:33 AM
One of our favorite WDW restaurants. :number1:

Jeniflower
04-08-2010, 11:02 AM
the food is so -so but the deserts are lovely and the band is great. We ended up talking to a lovely couple about bizarely rent collection (i work for a Scottish Council and thats my job basically), and it was really nice. You'll never know unless you go

pamickeys
04-08-2010, 05:45 PM
go,go,go, we always try to fit it in every trip.if you want to save money, word of advice go to lunch instead of dinner. the menu is basically the same ,but alot cheaper.

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-08-2010, 06:25 PM
go,go,go, we always try to fit it in every trip.if you want to save money, word of advice go to lunch instead of dinner. the menu is basically the same ,but alot cheaper.

Cheaper...but without the entertainment and a smaller selection of food.

Scar
04-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Cheaper...but without the entertainment and a smaller selection of food.Smaller selection of food... yes. No entertainment? They were there when I went there for lunch. :confused:

RAIDER
04-09-2010, 07:56 AM
If you have never been ,i would give it a go its good fun and the food is varied as well :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
04-09-2010, 10:18 AM
DH and I went for the first time this past December, and absolutely loved it! So much so, that we are going back in May.

The food was much, much better than I was expecting. We both found so much that we enjoyed. We were also happy to see that they serve one of our favorite beers. When we ordered it, the server asked if we wanted a small or large, so we both got a large. WOW! The glasses were 2 LITERS! A soda bottle's worth of beer! I drank about 1/3 of mine. It was huge.

The music was great. The kids in the restaurant loved it, and were dancing the entire time the band played.

We also loved sitting with "strangers". We got to know some fun and interesting people, and loved talking about where we were all from, how long we were in WDW, what we like, etc. This was our first night in WDW, so DH and I were really into the whole experience!

Definitely give it a try. We were very pleasantly surprised.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Personally I don't like it, but I wouldn't know that if I hadn't eaten there. Of all the meals I have had at WDW this was the only one I didn't like. That said there were plenty of people enjoying the meal when I was there. So go keep an open mind and see if you like it. :mickey: