PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach

buzznwoodysmom
04-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Ok, so DH has decided that instead of going to WDW for his two week leave from Iraq this summer he'd like to go to the beach. We choose Myrtle Beach because he used to visit there often, but hasn't been in over 15 years. His brother also lives nearby and we'd get to spend some time with him and his family, which we don't get to do very often. I've been looking at resorts and hotels and there are soooooo many. Does anyone have any suggestions? We'd like something that has a bedroom, living space, and a kitchen. A clean resort and room is way up there on our list of must haves. It would be great for our kids, 10 and 8 to have a fun pool. I've seen some with lazy rivers, splash areas, but a pool slide would be nice too. So I guess what I'm looking for is a nice location, with clean rooms, and a nice pool. A gym, activities for kids and a nice on site restuarant would all be great as well. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

disneymom15
04-05-2010, 06:31 PM
My daughter was just there with her boyfriend and his mother & brother. I don't recall where they stayed but she said it was awsome (like an upscale apartment). The kitchen area had granite countertops, seperate living area. I'll pm you once I talk to her, hopefully she'll remember the name of the resort.

Bethis26fan
04-05-2010, 09:15 PM
roxanne towers or bayview resort

Tink#64
04-06-2010, 01:38 AM
We have been alternating WDW with Myrtle Beach for a few years now & we love those beach trips! We've stayed at The Breakers Resort twice in the past 4 years & we love it! We have gotten 2 different units from VRBO, both @ The Breakers. You can search the Resort & also search for images & The Breakers has a decent website with pix of amenites. All ocean front units, & there is a wide variety of room choices, anything from your standard room to 4 bedroom units. We particularly liked the first unit we stayed in (in the Paradise Tower) & have recommended this one to friends visiting MB this year. A wonderful family owns the unit, very clean, seperate one bedroom with 2 queen beds, nice size bathroom, galley style kitchen, sofa bed, murphy bed & private balcony over looking the pool area, the beach & the ocean!

Very nice resort layout and very clean gounds. I think there are 5 buildings all in a row, all ocean front, each has pools, ( most have indoor & outdoor), HUGE lazy river with indoor & outdoor loops, several hot tubs and a very nice Pirate Ship - kids splash pool, all overlooking the ocean! Parking garage across the street & walking distance to shops, restaurants & putt putt! If you are interested, you can PM me & I'd be ever so happy to share more info with you! We really enjoy this resort, the amenities there & the location, I'd recommend the Breakers to anyone! :thumbsup:

Disneymom4ever
04-06-2010, 09:48 AM
We stayed at the Breakers Resort as well when we went to Myrtle Beach for the first time 2 yrs. ago. We also stayed in the Paradise Tower. I read a lot of reviews, and that was definitely the building of choice. We were pleased, it was a great hotel and location! My boys loved the lazy river, and I loved the Starbucks and ice cream store across the street! We had a room with 2 queen beds, and the other room had a living room of sorts, with a pull down bed. A kitchen divided the two. It was great! Not sure how it compares with other hotels, but it was perfect for us! Don't forget Broadway at the Beach- fun shopping and restaurants, and Magiquest, which my boys LOVED! They still have the wands. There is also a Ripleys aquarium there, which is nice. Have fun, it's a great place!

deedeenmickey
04-06-2010, 03:36 PM
The Kingston Plantation is the absolute BEST! It can be pricy but it has two towers of condos ocean front and some houses too. It has several pools with a band most nights by the pool and a pool bar. It has an Omaha Steaks and atleast one more resturant maybe more. It is a RESORT! You have plenty to do even if you don't leave the property. Google it if you like I think you will be impressed. Have a great time! My husband is coming home from Iraq in 2 weeks!!! (for good I hope)

deedeenmickey
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
by the way they offer military discounts just call don't book online! I am sure you know to ask no matter where you stay!

buzznwoodysmom
04-06-2010, 04:55 PM
by the way they offer military discounts just call don't book online! I am sure you know to ask no matter where you stay!

Hahaha, that's right! We ask for military discount EVERYWHERE! You'd be shocked at the places that have great military discounts. Is this your DH's first deployment? My DH is on his second and I hope its his last. He can retire in 6 years so hopefully he can get by without another deployment. Good luck to you and your hubby!

deedeenmickey
04-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Good luck with that 6 years is a long time and no this is his 4th deployment! Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq and Iraq again! He loves it though! I love military discounts!!! I ask a lot too but hotels almost always have them! I hope you have a great time in Myrtle Beach! I love it there too! We try to fit in a trip every summer even if it is just a few days!

buzznwoodysmom
04-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Good luck with that 6 years is a long time and no this is his 4th deployment! Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq and Iraq again! He loves it though! I love military discounts!!! I ask a lot too but hotels almost always have them! I hope you have a great time in Myrtle Beach! I love it there too! We try to fit in a trip every summer even if it is just a few days!

Oh wow, your hubby's been busy. Mine has done smaller assignments; one to Belize, years and years ago, and then Thialand a few years ago. This is his second long deployment, both to Iraq. He got out for about 4 years and then got back in to become an officer. If he hadn't ever got out he'd be almost retired by now. My DH loves it too, and, like you, I can't complain about the military discounts. At least we get that, right??? Good luck to you guys and enjoy having your family back together again. I checked out Kingston Plantations and it looks amazing. There are so many options in Myrtle Beach, it gets confusing.

IamaDisneyFan
04-16-2010, 10:52 PM
We stayed in Dunes Village Resort and loved it! They have from studios to 3 bedrooms and 2 indoor waterparks plus the pools and lazy rivers outside. Very nice, safe area and the hotel is only 4 years old or so.