PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis trip

Aurora
04-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Planning a road trip to St. Louis for a few days. Hope to visit the City Museum and the Arch, of course. Maybe Forest Park and/or the zoo. Anyone have any other tips? Good places to eat with three kids?

Thanks!

Katzateer
04-05-2010, 05:45 PM
You will love St. Louis - my brother has lived there for about 15 years.

Go to Union Station if you will be downtown-lots of places to eat and stores.

The botanical gardens, Busch Gardens and Purina Farms are fun. You have to get tickets for Busch and Purina on their websites but they are free. The gardens are fun to walk around in and they have a beautiful Japanese garden with Koi.

The sculpture park is a good place for kids to run around if the weather is nice. I think that is in Forest Park-but not sure.

We ate on the Hill - italian. Not sure of the name of the places but I can ask my brother if you are interested.

There is a roast beef fast food - I think it is called Kings or the King. I can ask about that one too.

And the zoo is great and free!

Have fun!

BowTie7
04-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Note, I think the previous post means Grant's Farm instead of Busch Gardens.
Don't miss City Museum.
Also note that the zoo, art museum, science center and history museum (all in Forest Park) are all free.

Altair
04-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Keep in mind that Grant's Farm is closed on Monday's. The park is free but there is a parking fee.

The Zoo gets extremely crowded on weekends. Just like WDW get there early. You can get in before the posted opening hours. The zoo is free, but parking is $11. If you arrive early, there is free street parking. The Children's Zoo is $4, but it also is free for the first hour the zoo is open.
:thumbsup:

MarkC
04-05-2010, 09:06 PM
My wife is from St. Louis and I've been there about 100 times. Cardinal games are awesome even for neutral fans. But if you had to choose one thing to do in St. Louis with 3 kids, I would strongly recommend the Science Center. It is awesome. And if you want a great place to eat, try the Sidney Street Cafe. Kids may not enjoy it as much but they probably have kids meals. You and spouse will love it.

wire0monkey
04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
There's a great Vietnamese place on South Grand called Pho Grand. It's yummy and cheap.

Olympia Kebob House & Taverna at‎1543 McCausland Avenue has good gyros.

Pappy's Smokehouse at 3106 Olive Street has exceptional BBQ in a town that has a whole host of award-winning BBQ places.

If you can take a road trip Fast Eddie's Bon-Air, 1530 East 4th Street, Alton, IL is a roadhouse/bar in nearby Alton that was featured on one of Alton Brown's shows. It's roadhouse food, not gourmet.

Ted Drewes frozen custard is a St. Louis institution.

My favorite sushi place is Wasabi on Washington Avenue:

My co-workers highly recommend Lucas Park Grill for steak:

I really like Sen for Thai food:

Aurora
04-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks everyone!

Dream'nDisney
04-15-2010, 07:10 PM
When my kids were younger, The Magic House was an absolute must! It has a lot of interactive fun for the kids. I believe you can google coupons for it too, but I may be mistaken.