PDA

View Full Version : Lost my reservation with Gift Card Promo :( Any Advice ??

mrmcgiv
04-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Gift Card promo had to be booked by 3/27. I talked to my TA ON 3/27 and put a hold on it.

I thought she said I had 10 days to confirm w/ CC#, and on the 8th day when I emailed to say go ahead and bill my CC the $200 it was too late. I really only had 7 days. The reservation was gone and there was nothing she was able to do to bring it back :(

Has anyone ever missed the 7 day hold date and lost their promo? I was hoping that given it was in the system and just after the deadline it could be 'brought back' but the TA said it was not possible.

Hoping for some other promo, but doubt any deal can beat what we had with that. It was allowing us to stay at a Deluxe for 5 nights, it made it well worth it to get the extra $250 in GC to upgrade to a deluxe. Esp since late summer is the value season for some of the deluxe resorts. I think it was $2256 at AKL for 4 of us (w/ no dining and basic park tix and a std room) and we got the $750 back that we planned to use for our meals. Then we planned to split the stay... and stay at a value for 2-3 nights.:(:(:(:(

OH WELL!

faline
04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
That's certainly disappointing! I hope you're able to secure another special to replace the one you lost!

DizneyRox
04-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I've found that if there's anything with Disney that you must have, you need to buy it right away. We used to take pictures of stuff (SKU# as well) and then decide when we got home what we wanted and would place an order. Sometimes things just couldn't be found for whatever reason.

So, now if we see something we have to have, we buy it on the spot. Thankfully this hasn't happened in about 6 years, but the quality/quantity of merchandise is a totally different thread.

It's a tough lesson to learn, with Disney looking to scale back their discounting, I'd say if anything else comes along that's within your budget, you should jump on it.

You used to be able to get AKL Std room for about $120 night with an AP rate (about 7-8 years ago). At $1500 that's a little steep if you ask me. Things have changed since I had to pay for rooms though.

EDIT: Sorry, thought tickets were not included. Seems pretty close to a normal rate quite honestly. You might have trouble spending $750 in the time you're looking to spend it, go for the cheaper room outright, no need for cash back.

mrmcgiv
04-05-2010, 02:29 PM
We would have been paying $250/night for the room but over 5 days by getting the $750 gift card which equates to $150 a night basically I looked at it as paying only $100 a night for the room. The price of park tix always just are what they are. Maybe we will end up using free dining, but we would stay at a moderate probably which is fine by me, but my husband REALLY wanted to stay at AKL.

Tygger7
04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm curious...what travel agency did you use?

mrmcgiv
04-05-2010, 05:32 PM
GOOD NEWS:

I called disney (407-wdisney) myself and told them my dilemma, the very nice woman (THX Jenny) called guest relations while I was on the phone. NO PROBLEM, my reservation was still there, I had needed to put my $200 down payment down on Saturday which I missed, but one phone call and they extended the reservation for 7 days!

Thank You Jenny, it was a Magical Day!

faline
04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Yippee! I'm so glad this worked out for you! You must really be in the Disney mood tonight! :mickey::thumbsup::mickey:

crazypoohbear
04-05-2010, 07:15 PM
That's great.
You should thank your lucky stars!

Jenemmy
04-06-2010, 08:38 AM
WOW!! I love a happy ending :mickey:

bouncer
04-06-2010, 08:38 PM
:joy: Congrats!

badkitty
04-06-2010, 11:43 PM