PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express question

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-05-2010, 10:50 AM
I am embarressed that I dont already know this but here goes....

I know that the ME will take your bags at your home airport and deliver them to your room upon arrival. My question is, do they do the same in reverse? Will they come get them from the room and check them in for us at the airport when we, sadly, have to go back home?

thanks

Strmchsr
04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
No. It works one of two ways. If you're flying on a participating airline then you can use the resort check-in feature. You carry your bags down to the resort check-in area and you check your bags, check in for your flight, and then they will carry them to the airport for you (but not come to your room to get them).

If you are not on a participating airline then you can still use DME. Just carry your bags to the bus, they'll load them on the bus for you, then you can check them in as normal at the airport.

faline
04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Partially, it depends upon which airline you are using. They won't come to your room to pick up your bags but, if your airline participates, you can check your bags at your resort and pick them up at your home airport! I understand that Southwest is now participating, or will soon be participating in this as well.

As an added benefit, guests with flight departures later in the day no longer have to worry about their luggage after they check out of their hotel. They can simply check their luggage at the Resort Airline Check-in Desk and then enjoy the last day of their stay.

Participating airlines include AirTran, American, Continental, JetBlue, Alaska Air, Delta, Northwest and United/Ted. Walt Disney World hopes to add other air carriers to the resort airline check-in service in the near future. Guests unable to use remote check-in may store their bags at the resort luggage room until departure.

BrerGnat
04-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Honestly, the Resort Airline Check In feature makes staying at a Disney Resort THAT much more worth it. That service was invaluable for us last week...

peemagg
04-06-2010, 07:15 PM
If you check your bags using resort check in for your return flight and your airline charges for checked bags, then you must pay that fee before checking your bags with the resort.