PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining question

Stu29573
04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi guys!
We are planning a trip in November and I was wondering if they might have free dining at that time. Does anyone know what the dates for free dining were for 08 and 09?
Thanks!

azcavalier
04-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Last year the initial offer for free dining ended in early October, but then in mid-summer they extended it until sometime in early December. We would have moved our reservations back from October to December, except that we had a plane ticket we couldn't change without it costing a lot of $$$.

However, in years past, they have always announced the free dining.....right about now. And the Disney Visa Cardholders got wind of it first, and we haven't heard squat. So, my wife is getting a little nervous. We've got reservations and ADRs for 14 people, and she was counting on free dining, as it's worth about $4000 to us for this year's trip.

azcavalier
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
But I guess to answer your question, except for last year, I don't believe that free dining usually extended past the first week of October. Not unless you received a special pin code from a Disney Destinations email offer.

Stu29573
04-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks! Wow, 14 people! I'm lucky I just have two!

azcavalier
04-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Well, normally it's just the five of us. But, my DW's family wanted to have a family vacation there this year, and my DW and I are covering half the cost (as some of the other family members could not begin to afford the trip), while the DMIL (Disney Mother-in-Law) covers the other half of the trip. Of course, this was all with the idea that free dining would take care of a large part of the cost.

Stu29573
04-05-2010, 12:01 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

JanetMegan
04-06-2010, 01:55 PM
We have a big trip booked as well-I think 9 people and we are waiting with baited breath as well.

Scar
04-06-2010, 02:06 PM
So, my wife is getting a little nervous. We've got reservations and ADRs for 14 people, and she was counting on free dining, as it's worth about $4000 to us for this year's trip.I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even if they don't offer free dinning, they will certainly offer another discount where, depending on number of rooms and level you are staying at, you will still receive a nice discount.

DisneyFr33k
04-06-2010, 03:19 PM
But I guess to answer your question, except for last year, I don't believe that free dining usually extended past the first week of October. Not unless you received a special pin code from a Disney Destinations email offer.

Your right. We've gone the last 5 Octobers/Novembers and never got free dining until last Fall. Keeping fingers crossed for another extention as we are heading back for our last October trip for many years to come. :fingers:

mickey_M_lvr
04-06-2010, 04:49 PM
I was sent an email on 3/18 offering free quick service plan w/ 4n/5d stay. This offer was good for "most stays" between now and 8/14. My guess is that if they are offering it with a pin now....soon it will be to visa holders and then general public soon. :mickey: