PDA

View Full Version : Do you get large portions at Teppan Edo???

mrmcgiv
04-04-2010, 09:28 PM
We are going to WDW in Aug and will not be on the dining plan. My daughter would love the food, my son is not as adventurous.

1. Could they share a kid's meal? Or is thjis considered family style. My DD would eat the Chicken and Vegetables and my Son would eat the rice ;)

2. Do they serve pots of tea with the meal as with chinese food?

3. How large are the portions for adults? THX

bouncer
04-04-2010, 10:02 PM
I keep coming back to this restaurant as a possible ADR. I have never been and like the idea of the food prepared before you. I too, am curious about the food/ portions etc. Looking forward to what others think of this restaurant.

WishingStar2006
04-05-2010, 08:30 AM
The portions are large and more than enough food. I've seen people taking "to go" containers with leftovers. I can't speak to the children's portions as I haven't been to Teppan Edo with a child. However, I know that you can order just rice if you that is what you want. And yes, they serve hot tea.

It's a fun experience and they make it very special and entertaining.

Just an aside....I have been to this restauarant several times and I have consistently had to wait more than 30 minutes past my ADR time...just something to note if you have little ones who may get restless!!!!

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I typically share my meal with my youngest son (he is 6). There is plenty. I don't know about splitting a kid's meal, but you could surely order a side of rice for one of your children, and have them split the rest.

DisneyFr33k
04-05-2010, 10:04 AM
We had a different experience. It depends on who (chef) you get. We got a chef in training and it wasn't a good meal at all. She cooked things slowly. By the time she got around to the meat, we had already eaten the veggies. She was slow and did no tricks. We left feeling just alright - no doggie bags for us. We have local restaurants in our area that cook in the same fashion, and less expensive.... we'll go to those next time and save our ADR's at Disney for something really good.

bruin1344
04-05-2010, 12:55 PM
We are going to WDW in Aug and will not be on the dining plan. My daughter would love the food, my son is not as adventurous.

1. Could they share a kid's meal? Or is thjis considered family style. My DD would eat the Chicken and Vegetables and my Son would eat the rice ;)

2. Do they serve pots of tea with the meal as with chinese food?

3. How large are the portions for adults? THX

i dont think so about the tea

I think the portions are small in comparison to other WDW restaurants for both kids and adults.

AlwaysDisney
04-05-2010, 04:15 PM
We were there in Jan 2010 and went to Teppan Edo for dinner our first night. We had not eaten since breakfast that morning before our flight and were starving by our 5:30p reservations. We all got adult meals and there was plenty of food. Walked out of there stuffed. Don't know about the kids meals, sorry. You can buy rice seperately. It was great food and I think you should go and enjoy! °O°

CaptSmee
04-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Teppan Edo was incredible last time we dined there. We were all stuffed from our entrees, but you can add on soups, appetizers, and extras with your meal. It is 1 of our favs in World Showcase.

Julie_Mouse
04-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Can't say enough how much we LOVE this restaurant! :mickey:

Of course it will depend on your children's preferences, but even for picky eaters I remember their menu being very suitable. If your DS is okay with plain rice, then there will most definitely be something for him to eat there. That said, there is a children's chicken meal that I have seen children in our party order and I would think he should be alright with that as well (but only you would know!). You can easily get them to just grill the chicken with no/minimal sauce to make it plain and appetizing for him.

You can absolutely get tea with the meal. I find the adult portions very generous, but I am a petite 20-something female, so I can't speak for everyone :laughing:

PETE FROM NYC
04-06-2010, 11:24 AM
DW and I ate there 9/09.
I am a big guy with a big appetite. I left satisfied.

TheVBs
04-07-2010, 08:09 AM
We had 2 adults and 2 young children and there was plenty of food! We left there full and didn't eat everything. Luckily, we only waited a few minutes for our table, but we were there in early May which isn't as busy.