PDA

View Full Version : I still have no job, but we're going to Disney World

Marker
04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
This is probably not the smartest choice I've ever made, but we're doing it.

5 nights at Port Orleans Riverside, with dining.

Ok, part of the decision comes from the fact that our daughter is currently work at WDW in the College Program over at ESPN Wide World Of Sports (if you happen to eat there and see Kristen from University of Central Missouri, say "Hi").

She gets an amazing discount, and we'd really like to visit her while she's down there. So we just decided we're doing it. We're all book except our flights down, haven't found agreeable airfare yet.

Under normal employment circumstances, I'd have probably been down there every 2 or 3 weeks while she was there getting her discount.

It's really kind of more difficult to get as excited about it, knowing the lack of employment, and lack of income. But, we're just going to make it happen.

WOOHOO!!!! We're going to Disney World!!!

DVC2004
04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Just have fun and enjoy- a great place to forget about troubles for a little while. With the great discounts you're getting it sounds like a good deal! Have a great trip!

SBETigg
04-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Hey, you know what? It might not be the smartest choice, but it still might be the best choice. Life is short! Woo hoo! You're going to Disney World!

Briansmom
04-04-2010, 11:48 PM
:thumbsup:

Disney4us2
04-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Have a great time. :mickey: SBETigg is right, Life is too short. Maybe a get a way is just what you need.

queenmom9497
04-05-2010, 02:54 AM
As one who works in healthcare :nurse:, all I can say is "life is too short, live each day as if it is your last" and have one heck of a great time at the World! :mickey::mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
04-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Good for you!! :thumbsup: While I was on layoff last summer we decided to go. There were concerns but after all, like everyone says, Life is too short. We never looked back once we decided to take the trip.

Go and have a wonderful time visiting with your daughter!

KylesMom
04-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Hey, once in a lifetime shot with DD down there on the CP. Go & enjoy - and maybe things will turn around upon your return. :mickey:

DizNee143
04-05-2010, 10:27 AM
we cant ever really afford any of our trips to the world!
i say you only live once!! go for it..
everything will work itself out!!
enjoy! :mickey:

faline
04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Good for you! :mickey:

Boojum
04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Lost my job about a month ago. DH still has a good job, but money is tighter.

That being said, our daughters are marching with their high school band in a Magic Kingdom parade in April. How many times do you get to see your kids do that? We're going!! You only live once!

Dznygrl79
04-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Enjoy yourself I am sure your daughter will appreciate being able to see you! And yes you only live once and you never know, sometimes its the things we do that set wheels in motion for others. I pray you find a job soon I know what a tough job market it is have a wonderful trip.

BluewaterBrad
04-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Go For It!! Have fun and get your troubles off of your mind for awhile.:mickey:

Tink#64
04-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Good for You! :thumbsup:

Our last trip, DH had just lost his job - 2nd time in 6 months (after having worked for same company for 10 years & they moved to Mexico!) I knew he'd find another job & then he wouldn't have vacation time, DS's spring break came 2 weeks after DS's job loss & so off we went! No regrets, Life is short! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Linden Lady
04-06-2010, 02:49 AM
"We do not remember days; we remember moments." Go for it! :mickey:
My husband was laid off for a year and we still managed our "escape" to Disney! Hey, whatever it takes, right?!? lol

Tink#64
04-12-2010, 11:44 PM
"We do not remember days; we remember moments." Go for it! :mickey:

Oh I loved that Linden Lady! I will have to remember that one! Very well said! :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
04-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Have a great time.:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-16-2010, 10:51 PM
At least you have the time off to go. "They" keep saying the economy has turned around so maybe you just need to get away, relax and not think about the job situation. Then when you come back, things will start hopping for you! Have a fantastic time.

pianobabe
04-17-2010, 08:18 AM
DH lost his job last June and is still looking. We went to WDW in September 2009 and we have another trip planned for this September this year. Our families think we are crazy, but "oh well".:mickey:

Emme&TeddysMommy
04-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Have a great time! Your kids will be all grown and have their own familes someday. Cherrish every moment you can. Who knows maybe you could find a job in Disney. Lol

MushuGrl
04-18-2010, 12:43 AM
We live in such a stress-out, wrung-out time that the best thing we can do is LIVE. Go and have a great time, and make wonderful memories that will leave you smiling for the rest of your life!

LudwigVonDrake
04-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Good for you! Have fun :wave: