PDA

View Full Version : Do children under 10 enjoy Teppan Edo?

the other micki
04-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Trying to decide b/t Teppan Edo and Tutto Italia. Do kids like Teppan Edo? What type of "kid food" do they have?

jonahbear2006
04-04-2010, 01:46 AM
my kids loved it. they make volcanos and trains out of the onions and do all sorts of diff jokes for the kids. their food can either be made right there, as well, or they can order the kids plate from the kitchen that looks like a plane or a cruise ship that it is served in. Very kid friendly.

Pop Centurion
04-04-2010, 02:01 AM
my kids loved it. they make volcanos and trains out of the onions and do all sorts of diff jokes for the kids. their food can either be made right there, as well, or they can order the kids plate from the kitchen that looks like a plane or a cruise ship that it is served in. Very kid friendly.Agreed but I believe it's a monorail that the kids meal is served in.
I think the kids will enjoy seeing the food cooked right in front of them.

CanadianWDWFan
04-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Both of my guys both love it! The oldest at 11 would eat anything put in front of him so for him it has never been an issue. Our youngest has been going since he was 6 months, he is now six. While he is not the most adventurous eater, he does have a great time watching and interacting with the chef

deedeebee
04-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Our kids love it:thumbsup: This is a must do and has been for years!

ThanxForNoticin
04-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Both my boys, when younger, loved eating there. There are many seafood and beef choices - usually plenty for the kids.

Disney4us2
04-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Last visit we had 2 girls under 10. They both loved it. One was a picky eater and was able to eat without a problem. My DD loves that type of food, even ordered her some salmon sushi. They loved the show that the chef does, especially the Mickey onion volcano.

Teppan Edo is now one of our favorites and wouldn't hesitate to return. :thumbsup:

disney1122
04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Teppan Edo is one of our fave meals! We have a 5 yr old and 14 yr old. Both LOVE the food and atmosphere. Great choice for kids!

Phantod
04-05-2010, 12:16 AM
I would suggest you take a look at the menu and see if there is something they like. When we were there last September, a family with a couple of small kids actually brought in french fries for the kids, because they wouldn't eat anything else. Fortunately, they were at the table across from us. The staff was none too happy about having 2 seats taken by patrons not eating.

But at our table, we had a couple of kids who had a ball. So I think it comes down to the eating habits of your kids.

ElenitaB
04-05-2010, 12:31 AM
The first time I took my DS there he was 5 or 6. He absolutely loved it, particularly watching the chef and seeing his food being made in front of him. He's never been a particularly picky eater, so he was pretty happy with his meal there. In fact, for years, that was the ONLY rice he would eat.

stitch34
04-05-2010, 10:02 AM
My 6 year old daughter loved it! We tried it for the first time last year when she was five and this was her pick as a most do for this trip! Wasn't hard to convince us adults because we wanted to go back too!

Spaceship Tigger
04-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Agreed but I believe it's a monorail that the kids meal is served in.

I believe the children's plate is supposed to be a Japanese bullet train.

bruin1344
04-05-2010, 12:51 PM
i loved it when i was 10 years old even though the restaurant had a different name.