PDA

View Full Version : quick service dining at coronado springs??

johnfunkwriter
04-03-2010, 03:07 PM
hi:)
wondering how QS dining at Coronado works?
do they add a gratuity to your bill? (read that somewhere) how does that work with quick service dining plan?

my understanding is that the pepper market is a unique dining setup... where you get seated by someone, etc.

is quick service dining plan at pepper market confusing for a newbie?

thanks,

john.

motherof4
04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
you do not need to tip on a quick service

johnfunkwriter
04-03-2010, 04:59 PM
thanks.
(in reading about CSR dining, their quick service sounded a bit different... we've only ever gone to the all stars- that's our only experience)

faline
04-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I've greatly enjoyed staying at Coronado Springs with one exception - Pepper Market - their quick service location. I found navigating this location very difficult. It is not easy to figure out and does not seem well laid out. You sometimes need to visit several different spots to accumulate everything you want for your meal. I'd dine elsewhere.

Hammer
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I personally liked Pepper Market. First, the hostess will seat you and give you real silverware and a cloth napkin and place your drink order. Then you go to different stations to order your food. If different people want different things, we just each went to our respective stations and went through the register separately. Not too complicated, unless small children (say under 10) don't want from one of the places the adults are going.

As you are on a dining plan, this is one of the gratuity exceptions. It is included with your quick service credit. The one thing that bothers me is that some of the unique items have been removed (I miss the fish tacos).

johnfunkwriter
04-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks- I appreciate the info!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

mrmcgiv
04-04-2010, 09:41 PM
We stayed at CSR last visit..

We reallyliked the pepperMkt. Like someone said you get seated by a hostess who gets your silverware and drinks. Then you go to whatever 'station' you want to eat at. I did not have any problem with it. not confusing! Could be a pain if diff members of your party get different items and get back to the table at a different time, but we had no issues. The kid's selections were not great though so our kids split an adult pizza which was good.

Better food selection than avg CS IMO.

Now about the gratuity?? Someone said the gratuity is included when on the DDP? We were on the DDP BUT we left about a 15% tip. I htought there was a 10% upcharge for dining in that is waived when you are on the DDP but I did not think the TIP was included. Did we double tip by doing that?

The servers were not great but the people at the stations we're really good. AND on the DDP the deserts were awesome!

ThanxForNoticin
04-05-2010, 06:23 PM
We think the Pepper Market is great. So much variety, food made fresh, and food is very tasty. You get a bit more service than you would at a food court, so that can be nice - they'll take you to a clean table and refill your drinks if you need it.