PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from kids menu

snowwhite1970
04-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Hi,
My daughter will turn 12 while we are in Disney. I checked out the menus of restaurants in Epcot, and there is not much she will like on the adult menu. Has anyone order off the kids menu for a child over 10? Thanks.

motherof4
04-03-2010, 04:08 PM
yes my daughter is 12 and very fussy and when we went to disney last august we ordered off the kids menu

cajundisneyfreak
04-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Yes my son is 12 and a picky eater.Quite a few restaurants he ordered off the kids menu.Some restaurants will also accomadate you.For instance we ate at Sci-Fi and he didn't like anything on the adult menu for dinner and the chef made him a hamburger and fries.Also some restaurants will let you substitute some things.For example at 50's Prime Time they had fried chicken,mashed potatos,and southern greens.They let my son get his fried chicken with french fries.It doesn't hurt to ask.Hope this helps out.Have a great trip!!:mickey:

ljgirl
04-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Are you on the DDP? If so, I would pay out of pocket for the kids meals and save the TS meals for yourself.

MistressGracey
04-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Our boys ordered off the kids menu for many years after they turned 10. At the counter service eateries, there's no problem..even I have ordered a kid's meal before when I wasn't super hungry. One caveat at some of the "family-style" restaurants, though, is that even though they will bring your child chicken fingers, peanut butter and jelly and the like, they will usually charge you still for an adult meal. Specifically, this happened to us at Ohana.