PDA

View Full Version : july walk ways in park

happy day
04-03-2010, 12:59 PM
For those that have gone in July, is the 3rd weeks crowds to the point that you can't walk through the walk ways at the parks? I would like to go in July, but if the crowds are to this point, I will reconsider.
I do not think it is fun to wait in line to walk through the park. Waiting in lines for rides is doable with fast pass and planning, but there is no planning for the crowds through the walk ways. Any help will be appreciated.

faline
04-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Expect crowds in July. It is peak summer season. If you do go at this time of the year, I'd suggest arriving early in the morning (at park opening). Do what you can until the crowds become too heavy and then return to your resort for some rest and pool time. You can return to the parks once again in the evening when you'll feel more refreshed and better able to deal with the crowds that will be around.

I would expect the Magic Kingdom to be particularly crowded in the evenings this summer with the announced showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade and a different fireworks display.

happy day
04-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't mind crowds at the attractions, but are the main walk ways to the point where you can't walk as a normal rate, and have to wait in line to walk etc. That is what will make me stay away.

DizneyRox
04-03-2010, 09:49 PM
At times (especailly around parades, castle shows, etc) yes, the sidewalks are very conjested. When you say normal clip do you mean not winding in between people, having to watch out for the folks right in front of you stopping unexpectedly, etc?

If that's the case, summer is not a good time for you. Crowds are high, the heat is high as is the humidity, tempers seem to flair in such conditions...

andreallybadeggs
04-03-2010, 10:37 PM
We'd rather go other times of the year but we've made many July trips just because that is when we could go. Early arrivals and mid afternoon breaks are a must for us but otherwise we've rarely encountered impassable walkways except around parade/Wishes times.

kakn7294
04-03-2010, 11:03 PM
We've found that of all the parks, MK has the worst crowds in the summer months. Fantasyland and Tomorrowland can get unbearable at times but for the most part, you can manuever through them. It does get rather congested around parade times, fireworks times, etc but that's to be expected.

DisneyBunch
04-03-2010, 11:06 PM
We'd rather go other times of the year but we've made many July trips just because that is when we could go. Early arrivals and mid afternoon breaks are a must for us but otherwise we've rarely encountered impassable walkways except around parade/Wishes times.

+1................We've vacationed many times at WDW in July. Other than the large Brazilian tour groups, we've never had an issue with crowds. Supposedly, July is some sort of national vacation period in Brazil. There were several attractions that we were delayed in line because special arrangements were made to set up narration in portugese for the Brazilian group ahead of us. The groups were mostly teenagers, and they did constant chants/cheers while waiting in line. It was constant and became irritating after a while. Fortunately, I think the tour groups are toward the beginning of July.:mickey: