Ksmith75
04-02-2010, 08:18 PM
How is the bus service at Coronado?

Scar
04-02-2010, 08:38 PM
By far, the best I've ever experienced.

buzz2001
04-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Terrific bus service at CSR. The buses do not share with any other resorts and has quick rides to all the parks. It a longer ride to DtD because of the route they use but quicker on the return.

finaldynasty
04-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Stayed there in June of 2009 and it was very good. There were crowded buses, but they ran often. My DW and I thought they ran more frequently then at the Deluxe resort we stayed at in 2008. I recommend it highly.

kakn7294
04-02-2010, 09:34 PM
The bus service was among the best we've ever experienced - and definately the most consistently good.

Gator
04-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Of my 5 trips (check the list below), CS was the best bus service. It was even better than it was at Kidani, but I think it has a lot to do with the distance the buses have to travel to get to the SW corner of the World.

Anyway, my wife and I went twice to POR and CBR. At the end of each day, we'd head to the bus area and notice that CS always had smaller lines and more buses. We saw that some on the first trip but a lot on the second trip. So we booked there for the third trip and weren't disappointed. If you can get past the convetion goers, it really is a great place to stay.

The Flying Dutchman
04-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Completely agree. After noticing the same thing that Gator mentioned (shorter lines, seems to be more busses) DW and I now judge all the bus services against CS (and CS has won on every trip...)

On a side note, we HIGHLY recomend the resort. CS was simply amazing.

PetefromRI
04-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Ditto on what everyone said.The best on property!

bruin1344
04-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Pretty good.

CleveRocks
04-03-2010, 03:40 PM
For the most part, bus service is good at all of the WDW resorts.

The problem is, if you stay at CSR and there happen to be some glitches during the week that you're there, you'll come back and report that the bus service at CSR was horrible, when in fact it was horrible ONLY during that week and pretty great all the rest of the year.

That's why it's easy to read mixed reviews of bus service at any resort.

It can also be a matter of luck. My most recent trip included a stay at the Polynesian. By dumb luck, we never waited more than about 2 minutes for a bus during that entire week. Seriously. The problem is, if my family had been exactly 3 minutes later every time we went to a bus stop, we would have had 20 or 25 minute waits for every bus and would have reported back that the bus service at Poly was slow and horrible.

But based on reading hundreds if not thousands of resort/bus threads over the past almost 6 years on numerous Disney message boards, I can report that there is not consistent overall agreement that any particular resort has overall unsatisfactory bus service.

buzz2001
04-04-2010, 07:56 AM
One reason CSR service can seem better at times is attributed to the convention aspect of the resort. Since CSR is a convention resort, their buses tend to be less crowded than other non convention resorts because during the day, the convention goers are busy attending the conventions. This makes the buses and pools less crowded.

That said, CleveRocks makes a good point. During the non convention times of year, the buses can get crowded and some guests may come back and report that they had to stand or wait in line. This is part of going to WDW and the only way to totally avoid this is to rent a car.

But overall, CSR does have great bus service and I know this sounds crazy but the bigger the convention, the better it is.

Giselle
04-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I second that! It was the best bus service I've ever had as well.

DisneyFr33k
04-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Any particular bus stop better to catch buses out than another? Which stop is first - the one by the main entrance?

Scar
04-06-2010, 03:36 PM
If I remember correctly, they come in off of Western Way and hit the buildings to the left of the convention center first, then go clockwise hitting the main building last, then out the main entrance, I think.

c&d
04-06-2010, 04:14 PM
If I remember correctly, they come in off of Western Way and hit the buildings to the left of the convention center first, then go clockwise hitting the main building last, then out the main entrance, I think.

Yes that's how the buses go. If you are staying in the Casistas section it's quicker to get off at the first stop and walk to your room, then ride the bus all the way around the resort. At least that's what we found.

I agree with everyone, best bus service and prime stops at the parks.

buzz2001
04-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Park buses go bus stop #2, 3, 4 and then 1. DtD and park exit buses start at one and go around. They do this so you can ride the bus to your room if you do not want to walk. There is signage at each bus stop explaining the procedure.

mjm12000
04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
great bus service and great resort, the only time I recall waiting for a bus at CSR was going to the water parks at opening time