PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-02-2010, 04:59 PM
We have never stayed there, but like the proximity to Hollywood studios and Epcot. Which one would you book? Also thinking of French Quarter hopefully during free dining. Would you prefer Swan and Dolphin or French Quarter. Thanks for the help:number1:

Mousemates
04-02-2010, 11:04 PM
if you want queen beds the swan over the dolphin...we also prefer the view of the dolphin from the swan, versus the view of swan from the dolphin.

but you can't beat the location of either resort.

badkitty
04-03-2010, 02:24 AM
I have only stayed at the Swan but it was quite lovely. The room was huge and I looked out towards Hollywood Studios. I had a great view of ToT and I could see the little bit of the fireworks they use for Fantasmic! Having the boat transport was a great plus.

PetefromRI
04-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I don't think that you can get free dining at the Dolphin or Swan because they aren't Disney properties.I'd stay at POFQ.

big blue and hairy
04-03-2010, 12:12 PM
From the fact that you have three names in your screen name, I'm guessing you have kids. Based on that, I would say the Swan. The rooms are bigger and they have queen beds. DW and I have stayed at both, but for us Dolphin is our usual choice. It's just us and we get a king bed so, the room size isn't as much of a factor. Also, the fast food, and most of the other restaurants are in the Dolphin. It's a very nice complex, you'll enjoy it.

:sulley:

BrerGnat
04-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Last week, we spent some time at both of these hotels, since we were staying at the BC.

For what it's worth, the Dolphin completely turned me off to ever STAYING there. It is SO much like a business/convention hotel (wide, impersonal spaces, banquet/meeting rooms off the lobby, etc.) Plus, it was extremely confusing to navigate and find what we were looking for (restaurants, mostly). It felt like a maze.

The Swan was better. Smaller, more intimate. More like a boutique hotel. Plus, when the Epcot resorts ALL share a bus, the Swan is the first drop off and pick up...

I'd go with the Swan.

andreallybadeggs
04-03-2010, 10:05 PM
We once split our stay between Dolphin and POFQ. Daughter is so Disney crazy that we thought she would prefer POFQ since we had heard that a lot of people don't feel S/D hotels have has much of a Disney feel. We were wrong.
She and her best friend liked the POFQ, LOVED the Dolphin. We'd be happy in any of the 3 but would chose either S or D over the POFQ. Enjoy!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I too prefer the Dolphin because that's where Picabu is and the better pool too. I absolutely love the location. We've stayed at POFQ and loved that too, but location, location, location. And the heavenly beds can't be beat by any other beds on property!

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-04-2010, 05:47 PM
The names are of my grandchildren, and they are not going with us this trip. i was hoping that a discount at Swan and Dolphin would be equivalant to free dining at POFQ?? Wishful thinking?