PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Washington state?

MarkC
04-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I just found out I am going to be flying into Seattle and going up to Bellingham, WA on business next week, flying in Tuesday and flying back Friday. I will have some limited time on my own. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might see? I've been to downtown Seattle once so I'm looking at more nature type settings, etc. Anything that anyone can suggest would be appreciated. Thanks.

Alaska Disney Fan
04-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Try getting to the San Juan Islands, you can take a ferry from Anacortes which is just south of Bellingham and west on Hwy 20 and end up in Friday Harbor. You can also drive east on Hwy 20 and take a drive a trip into the North Cascades National Park and see some spectacular mountains, something you probably don't see in Nebraska.

MarkC
04-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks Alaska-- you are correct that mountains are pretty sparse here. I have been to Colorado multiple times though.

I think I'm taking your advice and driving east on Hwy 20. Do I need to go all the way to Diablo for some good scenery, or is going to Concrete far enough?

And lastly, not sure if you are aware of who this is but thanks a million for loaning Kelsey Griffin to us. She was 1st team all-American in womens basketball this year from Eagle River. Seems like a great role model and example of an Alaskan, and great parents too.

Alaska Disney Fan
04-02-2010, 08:45 PM
I grew up in Washington and Moved to AK in1999, just got relocated to North Dakota recently - boy do I miss the mountains! You will get real good scenery just going to Concrete but the further in you go, the bigger the mountains - hopefully it will be a nice clear day. According to family and the news, they just received a bunch of fresh snow throughout much of the state and 20+ inches in the Cascades. I lived in Anchorage, Eagle River is a little north, unfortunately the news agencies up there didn't cover local high school sports very well, Didn't know of Kelsie, but your welcome and your right - lots of good people up in that part of the US.