PDA

View Full Version : Windows on Main Street

MegaDisney
04-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Does anyone know if when someone gets a window on Main Street at Disneyland, if they replicate that window for the other Main Streets around the globe, or is each collection of windows unique?

brownie
04-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I believe there are differences in the windows between the parks. There's a book titled Windows on Main Street: Discover the Real Stories of the Talented People Featured on the Windows of Main Street, U.S.A. by Chuck Snyder that might help.

MegaDisney
04-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks! I will have to check that book out.

PeterPan
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I have made a hobby of carefully reading every window (at least at WDW, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris) and although some people have windows in all three parks, (like Dick Nunis) each window is completely unique. Each window recipient also receives an exact replica of their window (although smaller). As you probably know, the windows contain hints of that person's occupation or contribution, sometimes very directly (like a costume designer might be called a "Seamstress" in their window). Some of the guys honored at WDW are the ones who went to Florida in the 60's to secretly buy the land. In their window, they are listed as "Real Estate" brokers.