PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing items prior to boarding

ajg119
04-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I read that you can bring on snacks, drinks and liquor on DCL. If you are flying into Orlando, where do you purchase these items. At the airport, at the port?

joonyer
04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
There is nowhere to shop at the port building itself other than vending machines. You could purchase at the airport, but otherwise you'd need to take a taxi to a nearby store in Cocoa Beach.

TammiMcMan
04-01-2010, 03:32 PM
We rented a car and arrived a day before the cruise, so we were able to head down early and go to the Walmart that's located near the port.

StinksMom
04-08-2010, 09:25 PM
On this topic, I have some questions. I've read that you can take your own liquor on a Disney cruise. We are going with a fairly large group and we were wondering if there are any restrictions on this. Can bring on canned beer then drink it at the pool? If I bring some wine, am I able to take it to dinner? What are the guidelines for this? We aren't planning to bring in a whole liquor store but I enjoy wine with dinner and a couple cold drinks by the pool are always refreshing!:marg:

Ed
04-16-2010, 07:27 AM
On this topic, I have some questions. I've read that you can take your own liquor on a Disney cruise. We are going with a fairly large group and we were wondering if there are any restrictions on this. Can bring on canned beer then drink it at the pool? If I bring some wine, am I able to take it to dinner? What are the guidelines for this? We aren't planning to bring in a whole liquor store but I enjoy wine with dinner and a couple cold drinks by the pool are always refreshing!:marg:

The only real restriction is that any alcohol you bring on board must be in your carry-on bags, and definitely NOT in your checked bags. :nono:

Yes, you can bring canned beer, but be aware that on the existing ships you will not have an actual refrigerator; your stateroom will have what is called a "cooling box", which will hold a small number of cans and will cool them down.

If you bring wine to the dining rooms, there is a "corking fee" of $15 per bottle.

And also be aware that when your cruise returns to port, US Customs regulations prohibit opened, partially consumed bottles from coming into the country.