PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park or Princess storybook Akershus

Queenbee2
03-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Which would be better?
How hard is it to get to the hotel where 1900 is located?

rjmdds
03-31-2010, 05:58 PM
First of all, 1900 Park Fare is very easy to get to. It is a simple resort monorail ride to the Grand Floridian. The restaurant is located right off of the lobby. As per which is better, it depends on what you're looking for. 1900 Park Fare is very fun for the little princesses. The interaction between Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters is great and they get the kids involved. It is a nice place to get to see Cinderella as well. The food is very good for a buffet. It isn't Citricos, but it is good. We've also done the Norway princess stroybook dining. It was a princess bonanza but we didn't care for the food. Many people on here love the food, but our family didn't. We preferred the food, environment and character interaction of 1900 Park Fare. But if you;re looking for a lot of princesses in one setting, Norway may be a better option for you.

septembergirl
04-01-2010, 09:52 PM
We had a wonderful time with the princesses at Akershus. My daughter was celebrating her 4th birthday and was in heaven. The surprise was how excited my 14 year old son was to meet and get autographs from the princesses. We have some great photos and memories from that dinner. I would go again definitely but the food was not my favorite. However, my husband loved everything he ate there.

jonahbear2006
04-01-2010, 11:15 PM
We loved 1900 park fare the first two years, however, in september we were deeply disappointed and the food was not very good at all. even the children would not eat. we ended up leaving and getting a counter service. We do however love Akershus and if you book between breakfast and lunch you will get the breakfast buffet and lunch buffet, giving you more spreads, breads, fruit, and then you will still get the lunch deli meats, fish, and cheeses. Their menu is norweigan, however, their version of the salisbury steak is not far off from american food and the kids menu is streamlined kids menu. You will get a complimentary photo package here that used to be an extra charge, with belle. Also, again, if you book right around brunch time you will finish lunch just in time to hit all the rest of the characters around the world showcase and they are everywhere midday. I think this is hands down the better choice, imho.

IrishMickey
04-03-2010, 08:54 AM
We love both for Breakfast and the Characters. There is no way with my family that they would ever eat dinner at Akerhaus, but we did have dinner at 1900 Park Fare and it was good, plus the Stepsisters from Cinderella are hilarious. I do not think you can miss at either one, my DH would say that there is nothing better than the sticky buns for breakfast at 1900. Good luck planning:thumbsup:

mrmcgiv
04-04-2010, 09:50 PM
We did dinner at both. In 2007 we did akershus. DS was 2 and DD was 5 and it was AWESOME> it was one of the highlights. A lot of princess interactiona nd much more one on one time. They all seemed to stop and spend a lot fo time and get pics and covered my 2YOs face with lipstick kisses. The food was just so-so, but if on DDP you are not paying OOP for so-so food at least. Are you on DDP?

In 2008 we did 1900...DD was7 and ds was 4. The food was good, one of the best buffets. The cgaracter interaction was nice and fun but they did not spend nearly the amt of time as they do at akershus. I would call 1900 more your run of the mill character dining when it comes to interaction..and Akershus was far better with interaction!

1900 had better food though

finaldynasty
04-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Princess at Epcot is my vote...my DDs still talk about it.

javamama
04-07-2010, 09:49 PM
1900 is great, my kids loved the Stepmother so much or should I say they fear her:thedolls: So much I booked it again this year! The food is fine, I'm not a buffet fan even in Las Vegas but my kid like the place and it's all for them so that's what counts!

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
We do however love Akershus and if you book between breakfast and lunch you will get the breakfast buffet and lunch buffet, giving you more spreads, breads, fruit, and then you will still get the lunch deli meats, fish, and cheeses.

Also, again, if you book right around brunch time you will finish lunch just in time to hit all the rest of the characters around the world showcase and they are everywhere midday. I think this is hands down the better choice, imho.

We will be going there for lunch in October. What time is the unknown "brunch" time? Also, if you get a breakfast time, but, are there when they turn over to lunch, do you pay the breakfast price or the lunch price?

Making our ADR's in 9 days and I want to have my times in a row!!! thanks :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
04-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Princess at Epcot is my vote...my DDs still talk about it.

gets my vote...1 of the best character meals we've been to.