PDA

View Full Version : Question about discounts

lmmantini
03-31-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm in the early stages of planning a August 2011 trip and have a question about how the room discounts work.

When a discount is offered off of the resorts do you get the discount for your entire stay if you check in BEFORE the end of the special rate offer?

For instance, if 30% off was being offered for trips through 8/15 and we arrived on the 10th and left on the 20th would we get the 30% off for just for the 10th through the 15th and then have to pay full price for the remaining nights or would we get the discount for all the nights since we arrived prior to the cut off date?

I'm hoping that a discount will either be offered for the room so we can stay at a nicer hotel or that free dining will be offered.

KylesMom
03-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Disney went to date-specific pricing a while back - so whatever the rate is for that specific night, you'll end up paying it.

wdwluv
03-31-2010, 04:05 PM
GRRRR!!! on that note...

I went to add a day to my trip in May, as I found a better airfare for the next day...and their special offer has changed and now I cant get my good rate for that additional night! I have to pay full price for that night!!!! GRRRR!!!!
(We are staying at Riverside and I've got two nights at $119 and two at $129 and if I tack a day onto the end I have to pay $195!!! :mad:)

forever a child
03-31-2010, 04:21 PM
GRRRR!!! on that note...

I went to add a day to my trip in May, as I found a better airfare for the next day...and their special offer has changed and now I cant get my good rate for that additional night! I have to pay full price for that night!!!! GRRRR!!!!
(We are staying at Riverside and I've got two nights at $119 and two at $129 and if I tack a day onto the end I have to pay $195!!! :mad:)

This is not the same example as what the OP is asking. You could possible add on this day with your discount rate...not sure but it is worth a try to ask. Perhaps you will get a helpful CM. IDK but I would at least ask. It is worth a try.

KylesMom
03-31-2010, 04:57 PM
This is not the same example as what the OP is asking. Perhaps not exactly, but it still works the same way. Disney releases discounts for a specific period of time, and your booking and travel needs to fall within these dates to receive the discounts. In past years, they used to allow the discounts if just one of your travel dates fell within the time period. They no longer operate in this manner. Yes, the O/P could ask (or the subsequent post regarding a $195 room), but chances are the booking system wouldn't accept the discount code for dates booked outside of the released timeframe - or the booking dates for such discounts. I don't want the original poster - Immantini - to be confused on the base answer - which is that Disney rooms have gone to date-specific pricing & they wouldn't be eligible for the discounts for their first five nights as they set in their example. Even regular weekdays & weekends may have different rates.