PDA

View Full Version : What extras do we need for staying at a DVC?

PinKy
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi all!

We're very excited! We are staying at our home resort for the first time in about 2 weeks and I know that we will need some "essentials" for the kitchen etc. Can some of you more experienced folks tell me what they provide and what they don't as far as:

Dishwashing liquid
Dishwasher detergent
Kitchen handtowels?
trashbags
papertowels

etc?? Anything else we would miss?? (we're staying in a 1 br)

thank you!

laprana
03-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Everything that's on your list is provided in the DVC rooms, and if you run out the front desk should provide you more at no charge! :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
03-31-2010, 03:23 PM
I wish the kithens were a little better stocked with pots/pans, etc, but we've been able to make due. Depends on what you plan on cooking really, certain items might make life a little easier.

But from what you mention, we've never had any trouble. You probably want to bring some laundry detergent and dryer sheets.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Everything you listed was provided! On our last stay in October, on Wednesday, 2 rubbermaid bins were left on our Treehouse doorstep. One was full of toilet paper, paper towel, soap, etc. The other was full of towels and linens.

If you run out before the mid-week restock, you can just call Mousekeeping for some more!

At least our dues are paying for that! :thumbsup:

DVC2004
03-31-2010, 05:23 PM
The only thing I ever buy at Target when I get there (or bring from home) is the laundry detergent. They give you enough for 1 load when you check in. They don't replenish it for free unless something has changed in this past year. In the past you would have to purchase more at the DVC resort store for $1.00 a piece/that packet was enough for one load. I don't know what the dish soap was priced at. Trash bags,paper towels, tp will all be replenished though. You can call mousekeeping but sometimes there is already extra in the unit inside the cabinets.

But the dishwasher/dishsoap/laudry soap was not replinshed when we ran out. SInce we didn't cook a ton we usually got through the 5 or 6 days with just what they initially provided but I always buy Laundry soap becuase I'll do at least 3 loads.

Extra blankets and pillows are also free but daily clean towels are not. They charge $12 for set of clean towels before the normal scheduled mouskeeping. Go figure.

VWL Mom
03-31-2010, 09:21 PM
I usually buy the Purex laundry sheets here and bring them with me. They are detergent and softener in one.

We are big coffee drinkers so we always bring our own coffee and filters.

peemagg
04-01-2010, 08:55 AM
We also bring a small bottle of bleach for laundry and for using in the jacuzzi tub. We aren't germ a phobics, but just feel better running a bit of bleach through a cycle to sanitize things a bit more. It also is good for between bathers, because there is nothing provided to clean out the tub.

DisneyLove
04-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Just to add, if you plan on cooking don't forget to buy or bring salt and pepper. It's not provided and one of those things that's easy to overlook. Have a fabulous stay! :mickey: