PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate swim trunks for water parks?

laprana
03-31-2010, 12:10 PM
We'll be visiting one of the water parks for the first time during our trip in May. I read on the Disney website that swimsuits and swim trunks with metal on them are not allowed on the slides as the metal can damage the slides.

My boyfriend has a pair of trunks that have small metal grommets (little metal rings about the size of a pencil eraser) on the side cargo pockets. There are none on the back pockets. They are the same kind of grommets that you'd find on sneakers where the shoe laces go through. Will he be OK wearing these trunks? Will they allow him on the slides if he wears them?

We just want to be sure they would be allowed so he's not turned away from the slides, and so his trunks don't do any kind of damage to them. If not, he'll get some new trunks with no grommets. Thanks for any help you can provide! :mickey:

cer
03-31-2010, 01:10 PM
I am no authority on this at all, but I would suggest that he go ahead and purchase an alternative pair. It would be terrible to be turned away at the attraction....

StuckinOz
03-31-2010, 04:01 PM
I have worn trunks with grommets similar to what you describe on the back pockets to both BB & TL and encountered no problems at all. I too was concerned about it, but it really was not an issue.

DVC2004
03-31-2010, 06:21 PM
What you are describing should be fine.My husband has some like that and there are small grommets on the pcokets to let the water drain. We didn't have an issue while at TL. I think what they are referring to are the large, decorative grommets or hardware on swimsuits- usually they are on womens suits.

laprana
04-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks so much everyone! Looks like he won't need to go trunks shopping! :thumbsup:

kakn7294
04-01-2010, 01:41 PM
DHs trunks also have small metal grommets and his were fine. Have fun!