PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Review

Rekenna
03-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi! We just returned from our long weekend, adults only trip a couple of weeks ago and had the opportunity to stay at the Dolphin-we loved it!

I found a really great deal on Expedia-we usually stay at Values.

First of all, it is very grand, the architecture is fantastic, very whimsical. When you walk in the front doors-it's the citrus grove smell from Soarin-our fave. Check-in was quick and efficient. We had a King size bed room which was very nice. Comfy bed, nice towels, carpeting, great flat screen, fridge, wi-fi hook up, paper delivered and bottled water delivered.

Second-location, location, location! It was awesome to catch the boat to Epcot or DHS, you pass the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht club-which are all beautiful. Busses to MK were very quick.

Third-Fantastia Gardens Mini Golf. In all the times we have gone to WDW this was the first time we got to putt-putt, it was lots of fun and we could walk there.

The Quick Service restaraunt was nice, although strangely placed on the lowest level. The view we had of the grotto was great. We didn't get to swim-too cold-but the pool areas were very nice.

I will say there was very little WDW themeing here-understandable. This was okay for us, becuase it was truly posh and cushy.

If you have a chance to try this out go for it. We have never even given the Dolphin a thought before. I'm glad I got such a great deal or we would never have experienced this great resort!

:mickey:

pamickeys
03-31-2010, 12:13 PM
agree with all of it

Jenemmy
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
YAY -- glad you liked it! I will be there next month and just can't wait :dolphin:

jnfr2424
03-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Glad you had a great time! I will be there on the second portion of our upcoming trip!:thumbsup:

Scar
03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
I had never even considered the Swan or Dolphin until about five years ago when I found myself in Florida unexpectedly (insert speculation here) and The Dophin was the only availablity that week. I loved it, it is a wonderful hotel. I really do want to try all of the resorts, but the deals that The Dolphin has have brought me back two more times. I love the Epcot Resort Area, but I just can't justify the BC, YC, and BW price wise.

Mitzie
03-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the good review. We will be there next week-really excited. How would you say the price of the quick-service compared to other Disney quick-service? Still trying to figure out diner one night...

Jenemmy
04-01-2010, 03:54 PM
I had never even considered the Swan or Dolphin until about five years ago when I found myself in Florida unexpectedly (insert speculation here) and The Dophin was the only availablity that week. I loved it, it is a wonderful hotel. I really do want to try all of the resorts, but the deals that The Dolphin has have brought me back two more times. I love the Epcot Resort Area, but I just can't justify the BC, YC, and BW price wise.

I had the same type experience. We ended up taking an unexpected detour to Disney for 2 nights last spring and hubby made ressies at the Dolphin. I was not all that excited at the prospect of staying there, but ended up LOVING it! So much so that I switched our original ressies for this year's trip from AKL to the Dolphin.

jonahbear2006
04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Sounds great! It makes me wanting to try it, too! So do you know the urban legend of the swan and dolphin hotel and why they are achitecturally designed the way they are? my husband found it on line the other day and was kind of a neat little story. you may want to look it up if they didn't tell the story to you while you were there.

MickeyFanKY
04-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Soooooo glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm staying there in July (for the first time) and I have been very nervous. I'm afraid the service and room will not be disney quality.

Advnt05
04-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I have stayed at the Swan and Dolphin many times. It's one of the preferred spots for us due to its prime location by EPCOT and Hollywood Studios as well as Boardwalk events. There are other resorts on the Boardwalk that have the same location but you can often find rates much cheaper at the Dolphin. Especially if you are a teacher or a nurse.
One issue that I have with them is that they charge a daily parking fee if you have a car. Does anyone know if that's still the case? That effectively adds $8-10 to your daily room costs. They also add some other fees that Disney does not add to their other resorts.
Tubby's buffeteria is a good place in the dolphin for kids to eat informally. They sell things ala carte verses as a meal. For instance, you can buy some milk, and cereal, and fruit.