PDA

View Full Version : Which moderate resort?

disneyplates
03-30-2010, 02:38 PM
:mickey: Hi, its been two years since we went to WDW. We are thinking of taking our two college age DD to WDW in May as a surprise :secret:. Our oldest gets married next year and this will be our last family vacation . Which moderate resort would you suggest? In the past we have stayed at CSR and POR. The last trip was at OKW, but cannot afford that this time. Advice please! thanks for your help.

MMFreak
03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
My favorite moderate is Coronado Springs!

CaptainSad
03-30-2010, 03:21 PM
I liked Dixie Landings. Yes it is no more. Now Riverside...

ginny57
03-30-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't think there is a wrong choice but MY choice would be CSR. The queen beds are better for grown ups. It is a big resort but also has the most to offer for a Mod. My 2nd choice would be POFQ. Since this is a small resort, everything there is close no matter where you are.

There isn't a lot of time spent IN the room when I'm at Disney so I go with what will best fit my needs and the queen beds work.

RedSoxFan
03-30-2010, 03:35 PM
I've only stayed at POFQ and CBR --- both which are very nice resorts. However, if we go back, we would like to try CSR because they have queen beds. The other moderates have double beds. And I've heard nothing but great things about CSR from other people here who have stayed there.

disney1122
03-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Never stayed at, but have heard great things about Coronado Springs.

SallyMcQueen
03-30-2010, 03:49 PM
I'd recommend CBR. I like playing in the sand though.

caryrae
03-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Why does it have to be your last family vacation? You can still go, your family will just be bigger. I have gone to WDW with all my wifes family, FIL, MIL, BIL, and SIL and her Husband and kids.

We have stayed at CSR and POFQ we liked POFQ better but CSR was nice too. All mods seem like nice places to stay.

sassy2000
03-30-2010, 04:58 PM
I've stayed at at all except POFQ and my fave by far is CSR. Newly remodeled rooms, queen beds, and a great pool area. Also, if you are on the dining plan, the Pepper Market is the best counter service stop IMO.

Mousemates
03-30-2010, 05:28 PM
My moderate choices would be:

1. Fort Wilderness Cabins....everyone gets a bed.

2. CSR - Queen beds

Plan B options which might end up costing not too much more than a mod.

3. Two rooms at a value...everyone gets a bed and with two college daughters...two bathrooms

4. A room at the swan if you are somehow eligible for one of the deeply discounted rates...here you get a much nicer room and the two queen beds in one of the best locations on property (walking distance to boardwalk, epcot and the studios.

LudwigVonDrake
03-30-2010, 06:28 PM
POFQ would be my suggestion :wave:

faline
03-30-2010, 06:39 PM
My moderate choices would be:

1. Fort Wilderness Cabins....everyone gets a bed.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never thought of this resort as a moderate.

As far as recommending a moderate, I'd be hard pressed to decide between Coronado Springs and Port Orleans French Quarter.

JoDisney
03-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Note: you will have to pay extra for every adult over the two allowed. I think it is $25 per extra adult up to 4 persons in a room.