PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace Breakfast before park opens?

minnie-mouse
03-30-2010, 02:04 PM
We got a reservation for breakfast here at 8:30am. How does that work as I know the park doesn't open til 9am. Is there a special line we have to get in so they will let us into MK? Also, how early will they allow us in?

faline
03-30-2010, 02:09 PM
The last time we did this, the line was all the way over to the right by the stroller rental area. If you have a pre-park opening reservation, they should have your name on a clipboard and will let you in after they check you off. I'd recommend having your reservation information with you just in case! I think they start serving around 8 and begin to let folks with reservations in just before that time.

minnie-mouse
03-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks so much!

tmosier
03-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Lucky you! It's great to be in the park and see it all quiet before the "running of the guests". We like to make an early ADR at Crystal Palace, too, and take advantage of the photo opportunities without all of the bodies in the way. Keep in mind that cast members will be posted in the park and will not allow you to wander.... it's straight to Crystal Palace or bust. Have fun!

mommyprincess
03-30-2010, 03:14 PM
This was really a cool way to start the day...you entered near the stroller's and they just asked for our name and we were in. Walking down Mainstreet before it gets crazy is like taking a behind the scenes tour (without loosing 3 hours worth of park time)...the streets were all clean and still wet from being hosed off, there were even a few cast members along mainstreet that said good morning and it was nice to be able to answer them back (because there were not tons of people around you) take your time, look up at the buildings, take it all in before the madness begins again...one of our favorite memories...

disney1122
03-30-2010, 03:44 PM
We have an early breakfast time, too and I cannot wait for that walk down Main Street!!!! ENJOY!

homeschool mom
03-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I love getting an early breakfast at MK before it opens. We have one at Crystal Palace on our upcoming trip. It is a great time to get some photos without extra bodies in them!

minnie-mouse
03-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Sounds great, thanks everyone!

paragon
03-30-2010, 08:35 PM
We did this, it was great. I have an absolutley awesome photo of the train station, with nobody in it, it looks like a post card.
Yes, there is a line/gate specifically for reservations.
Two things to know:
If you are driving, you will get a great parking spot, probably up close.

Plan on arriving a little earlier too, because if you are taking the monorails, they do a "brake test" in the morning and the monorails stop for a while, so you may want to allow for that possible delay.

zcrsdad
03-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know if there are any photopass photographers out that early? I have an 8:05 ressie at Crystal Palace and an 8:05 at CRT...

jonahbear2006
03-30-2010, 11:56 PM
this is priceless. we did this last year and got gorgeous photos of the kids. We have another one this august, 815am at CP. So exciting! Cannot wait to take photos of the kids, and of our new baby in front of the castle with no visitors in the background!!

minnie-mouse
03-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Thank you everyone! All your suggestions and feedback are making me even more excited! This will be our first morning of our trip, so I think my DD4 and DD6 will love that the park is empty. We will be taking the monorail from the Polynesian so we will defiitely leave as early as possible.

Through the looking Glass
04-02-2010, 03:15 PM
I have to agree, this is the best. I do it every year.

There was a photo pass photographer out last year, he came out of a alley about 8:30. The wife says she seen one earler.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know if there are any photopass photographers out that early? I have an 8:05 ressie at Crystal Palace and an 8:05 at CRT...

We did the same thing on our last trip!

One day, I think our CRT day, there weren't any photopass people out, but on the second day, our CP day, we got some GREAT shots from the photopass photographer, with an empty mainstreet in the background.

minnie-mouse
05-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Thank you everyone. You were right. We did it 2 weeks ago and it was fabulous. Of course the morning we went it was a bit foggy and muggy so I couldn't get the best pictures of the Castle but how fun it was to walk down Main Street totally empty like that. So memorable!

faline
05-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Thank you everyone. You were right. We did it 2 weeks ago and it was fabulous. Of course the morning we went it was a bit foggy and muggy so I couldn't get the best pictures of the Castle but how fun it was to walk down Main Street totally empty like that. So memorable!

We did breakfast on our last trip and it also was a very foggy morning. Oh well!

TikiGoddess
05-08-2010, 02:21 PM
We have an 8:05am ressie at CP. What is the earliest time that people have gotten into the park?

I know we made it to CP at about 8:00am last year, after taking pictures on Main Street. We checked in and were one of the first 10 families into the breakfast.

Kathy

olivegirl
05-08-2010, 03:00 PM
We always have breakfast at the Crystal Palace on our last morning of our vacation. We have ressies for 815am!!! We love getting to the Magic Kindgdom early!!! It is soooo beautiful and serene!! We get great pics !!! :thumbsup:

Genie1953
05-09-2010, 01:40 AM

They sure do! Our ADR was also for 8:05am. We had plenty of time to get in....have a few pics taken by the photopass photographers....and still take a few pics of our own of the castle and then get to Crystal Palace for our ADR. FYI....our server was Gwen....and she was absolutely wonderful.....so attentive!