PDA

View Full Version : Borrowing points for a cruise?

MarkC
03-30-2010, 01:49 PM
I like to plan way ahead for vacations, which of course drives my wife nuts. That's a personal problelm of course.

I do have a question on booking a cruise using DVC points, which is for a cruise in the fall of 2011. If I need to borrow points from 2012, do the points get borrowed when you book them or when you cruise? The cruise may fall on the start of our use year so it does get tricky. We will be banking a few points from 2010, and then using our 2011 and a few 2012 points to pay for one of the cruises. I don't want to lose the banked points. Has anyone else done this? Sorry I know this is very confusing. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Mark

DizneyRox
03-30-2010, 04:11 PM
This is a guess, but if it works anythnig like the rooms, as soon as you book, those points get pulled into 2011 and will stay as 2011 points. You would be able to bank your 2011 points into 2012 probably, but the 2012 will stay in 2011 and expire if you don't use them.

DVC2004
03-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Call MS and ask the particulars. I am having a problem right now with the same issue. he banked points stay in the use year the cruise occurs. Also the points become part of the Disney collection meaningif you cancel they can only be used at Disney hotels like the Poly or another cruise- no DVC. Also I am told I cannot borrow my points now into this year (cruise was 2011). Very complicated and no one can answer why I cannot borrow the 2011 pointsin this U/Y...