PDA

View Full Version : online check-in POR

JoDisney
03-30-2010, 12:47 PM
What kind of room requests are on the online check-in for POR? For example, at POP online check-in you can pick two - close to food court/transportation and ground floor. What are POR online check-in requests? I cannot view for awhile.

Genie1953
03-30-2010, 08:50 PM
I am interested in this also. I can do online checkin on Thursday and was wondering the same thing. I am sure there is some expert out there who has the answer for us.

JoDisney
03-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Let me know on Thursday what they have online for POR, if we do not get a response here. Thanks.

TammiMcMan
03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm trying to remember, but I think those are generic resort requests which show up for all the online check in's. If you have something specific, the best place to have it noted is on your actual reservation. You can call CRO to have it added, or if you booked through a travel agent, you'll need to have them add it for you.

JoDisney
04-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Genie, What did online check-in ask for POR?

Genie1953
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Genie, What did online check-in ask for POR?

I began the online checkin process last night and then cancelled it until I got more information on how to handle it....but I did get far enough to see that you have the following choices:

Pack n Play playard
Refrigerator
Ground Floor
Near transportation
Trundle bed

It said you could have up to two choices of these. So it doesn't look like there is much to choose from and nowhere to free text any other choices either.

JoDisney
04-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Note: They do not put "near food court" because the food court is really close to only a few buildings. Near transportation, that really could be a parking lot view of any of their multiple bus stops. I also thought the refrigerator was in all moderate and deluxe rooms. Why is that a choice? Hmm.

PetefromRI
04-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Is this new?The last time that we did online checkin at a moderate,we didn't really have any choices except a refrigerator which is standard and a crib.

Genie1953
04-03-2010, 12:37 PM
I just now went ahead and did the online checkin for POR and those definitely ARE the choices:

Pack n Play playard
Refrigerator
Ground Floor
Near transportation
Trundle bed

You are correct that a refrigerator is included in the POR rooms so I have no idea why that is listed as one of the choices. There is nowhere else to enter any room preferences so I will definitely be calling to let them know that we have connecting reservations (room-only for one night and an 8 day vacation package). Will keep you all posted on what happens.

TammiMcMan
04-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Fridges are at no cost in the mods and deluxes, I'm not 100% sure that every room has been outfitted with a fridge yet though, so perhaps that's why the request is still showing up.

The online check-in system is still a work in progress and I think as many of us know, Disney tends to put their technology out there before sufficient testing is done. Then they kind of work out the kinks and bugs as they go along :badpc: . I'm hopeful that as they get feedback, more appropriate choices and maybe a text field will be added.