PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness Meadows Pool Children’s Play Area

Goes4FastPass
03-30-2010, 11:29 AM
We thoroughly enjoyed the kids play area at the Meadows Pool this past week (Mar 20-27, 2010). Our almost 4 year old called is “My pool”.

The signs said it was for 48” and under (though I can’t imagine them throwing out a 49” inch kid but they were all at the slide area at the main pool nearby). The child’s splash area is fenced and has two gates, one leading to the main pool are and one toward the Trading Post.

There are chairs for parents. What could be easier? – have some lemonade and let the kids scamper – little ones can’t even reach gate latches to exit the area.

The water is very shallow. I saw very young children as in able to sit up but not yet walking happily splashing.

For the for the toddlers to ages 6, 7 or so there are slides and steps and fountains and crazy much fun. Our little guy loved it!

Pictures of the child's splash aread and the nearby big people’s slide are posted here (http://www.gregcable.com/fwpool/).

faline
03-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Looks like a great area for the little ones! Thanks for sharing!

WDWdriver
03-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Nice to see a report about Fort Wilderness. Thank you.

pdrlkr
04-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Wow- you take amazing pictures! What kind of camera are you using? Thanks for posting info about this area of FW! :mickey:

Goes4FastPass
04-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Wow- you take amazing pictures! What kind of camera are you using? Thanks for posting info about this area of FW! :mickey:

Well, garsh! Thanks!

I was using a Canon 7D but to catch photos like the little guy (my grandson) splashing down the slide and you want to freeze the water, the trick is the LENS, in this case a f2.8 70-200m L IS (image stablized) with shutter speed of 1/2,000 of a sec.

tys_mommy
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks for sharing the photos and report - can't wait to go in November.

KylesMom
04-21-2010, 03:51 PM
There's so little information regarding Fort Wilderness posted - thanks for sharing these details with us all. Pics are great! :mickey: