PDA

View Full Version : Stroke of genius or stroke of crazy?

poeticeclipse
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
I recently won a trip for four to WDW through Orbitz and we're going October 9-16 of this year.

Can someone tell me if my "theory" is crazy or smart?

If Orbitz books us a package instead of park tickets seperate from onsite accomodations then, given that Free Dining is extended just the same as last year, wouldn't we be able to call Disney and have the Free Dining pin code applied to our package?

The only stipulation that I know of as far as qualifying for free dining is that you have to have a "package" booked. Right?

I do believe that once Orbitz takes care of the booking and all of the legal stuff, we'll be given our reservation number and handed over to Disney.

Stroke of genius or stroke of crazy?

cer
03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't know, but it is definitely worth a try. The worst thing they can say is "no"....

Dragongirlx
03-30-2010, 11:01 AM
You never know till you try

Gregandmel
03-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Congrats on the trip!!!! :thumbsup:

MarkC
03-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Congrats as well! I'm just throwing this out there, but I completely free that week myself. You know, just in case you can't find anyone else who wants a free trip to Disney.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
People actually win stuff? It's not just a ploy to get my consent for email spam somewhere imbedded in the fine print of sweepstakes rules that no one reads?

Congrats!!!! What luck!

#1donaldfan
03-30-2010, 01:30 PM
....LUCKY......give it a shot, what can it hurt ??

mom2morgan
03-30-2010, 01:54 PM
That's fantastic! Give it a try - it can't hurt. And enjoy your trip!!

TheRustyScupper
03-30-2010, 09:15 PM
If Orbitz books us a package instead of park tickets seperate from onsite accomodations then, given that Free Dining is extended just the same as last year, wouldn't we be able to call Disney and have the Free Dining pin code applied to our package?

1) No.
2) The travel agent "owns" the package.
3) You cannot call to make changes/additions/deletions.
4) Any requests/changes must go through them.
5) Orbitz might be able to try.

poeticeclipse
03-31-2010, 08:59 AM
1) No.
2) The travel agent "owns" the package.
3) You cannot call to make changes/additions/deletions.
4) Any requests/changes must go through them.
5) Orbitz might be able to try.

This is what I was thinking might be the issue. I let the Orbitz rep know basically right after we won. So, maybe she can work something out with Disney. :confused:

I still haven't heard back from her about where they are putting us up. Maybe i'll find it all out at the same time.

NoDramaMama
03-31-2010, 10:23 AM
That is so awesome, and I am so jealous :)

Can I ask how you won? Was it a sweepstakes? I never win anything because I never enter anything, lol.

What a great time to go, too! Make sure you do Mickey's Not So Scary while you're there!

poeticeclipse
03-31-2010, 11:19 AM
That is so awesome, and I am so jealous :)

Can I ask how you won? Was it a sweepstakes? I never win anything because I never enter anything, lol.

What a great time to go, too! Make sure you do Mickey's Not So Scary while you're there!

I have a full detailed description of the contest in the "Water Cooler" thread.

It was through Orbitz's twitter account. You had to send in your best Disney travel tip and they picked one winner. I never in a million years thought i'd actually win it. But, guess they proved me wrong! :)

poeticeclipse
04-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Well, it didn't work. We don't even get to add the DDP to our reservation. :( My hubby is quite upset. I feel horrible :( I'm not looking forward to telling my mom. We're such foodies so this stinks.

I figure, I can try to call Disney once we have our reservation number and try and convince them to let me add it. Worth a shot.

KylesMom
04-01-2010, 11:03 PM
We don't even get to add the DDP to our reservation. My hubby is quite upset. I feel horrible I'm not looking forward to telling my mom. We're such foodies so this stinks.

Stacey, I hope this doesn't get you down too much - after all, you won a trip to Disney World and are fortunate enough to be able to take your Moms. We're major foodies, too, and have never done the dining plan - it just takes a bit more planning to fit the dining you want into your days to stay within your budget. Stay positive, and make the plans you want for the best meals you had in the fall! :mickey: