PDA

View Full Version : Golf Cart Considerations

Goes4FastPass
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
We just returned from a great week in a cabin at FW.

When we booked the stay I reserved a golf cart by calling the Bike Barn (407-824-2742) and was quoted $439.88 for the week.

I had heard of people renting golf carts from offsite sources. I contacted once such source and was quoted $224 for the same period.

Our experience with the provider was 100% satisfactory. We met him in at the overflow/day/HDDR parking lot at FW and received a cart almost exactly like the Club Cars FW rents except our cart was white (FW carts are green) and had zip down rain flaps (which it turned out we USED sometimes). At the end of our trip the provider picked up the cart as agreed.

Also,

We used Online Check in and when going through the steps checked “Close to Transportation” as a request. When we were assigned a cabin it was a 2 minute walk to a FW bus stop which we also used and I noticed two things: “Internal” FW busses ran frequently and started very early and continued quite late. We determined (as has been suggested before) a family could well spend a vacation at FW in a cabin and use WDW transportation exclusively and do just fine.

Still, having a golf cart was very handy for many uses. Would we rent a golf cart while staying at FW in the future? Probably. Would we rent from on offsite provider? Absolutely.

joonyer
03-29-2010, 05:48 PM
WE decided the extra expense of a cart was too much for as little a time as we spent in FW each day. We were gone to the parks most of every day. Would a cart have been more convenient and even fun? Absolutely. But was walking a short distance and waiting lees than 5 minutes for a bus any trouble. Absolutely not, especially when the cost of renting a cart was more than the cost of of our (non-premium) campsite rent for the whole trip.

faline
03-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Glad you had a good experience with your cart rental!