PDA

View Full Version : What To Do With a Disney Gift Card?

poeticeclipse
03-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Part of our "win" through Orbitz includes a $250.00 Disney gift card.

My husband has pretty much already decided that he wants to do the Epcot Aqua Seas Tour with the gift card. I'm not so sure that's the "best" choice with a gift card. I'd like to think about all of my options.

If you had a $250 gift card what would you do with it?

We're planning on being on the DDP so using it for food isn't really the best option. We're not huge on buying t-shirts and coffee mugs either.

Any ideas?

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-29-2010, 04:07 PM
I would do the Wishes Dessert party... :cloud9: or MNSSHP (but you may not be going during that time.)

Then I'd probably use the remainder for spending $$. don't know if that's the "best" use for the card, but, that's what I would use it for!

vicster
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
I would spend it all on Disney merchandise and add more ornaments to my Disney Christmas tree!!!

DizneyRox
03-29-2010, 07:25 PM
I would just use it as soon as possible. Eat the value of the card down to nothing any way you can. That what we so with our rewards card, whatever we can use to zero out the balance, we do. In the end, anything over $250 is out of your pocket, you just want to make sure you don't come home with anything on that card.

If your like me, I've been trouble finding much worth buying in the shops, so tours may be your only option. Or, use it for gratuity, but that might not bevpossible depending on the length of the trip.

forever a child
03-29-2010, 07:42 PM
You could get a Professional Photo shoot to get some great photos with your hubby, mother and mother-in law. It wouldn't use up all the value on your gift card...but I love photos!:mickey:

KylesMom
03-29-2010, 09:17 PM
I'd use it for a cool tour for the four of you or some type of activity at Sammy Duval's - like parasailing! :mickey: Or, you could pre-purchase a park ticket & beat the price increase for your next trip . . .

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-30-2010, 01:14 PM
You could get a Professional Photo shoot to get some great photos with your hubby, mother and mother-in law. It wouldn't use up all the value on your gift card...but I love photos!:mickey:

Totally! I would pre-order my photopass.