PDA

View Full Version : ECV and off property transportation

tpljmom
03-29-2010, 12:51 PM
If you are staying at a hotel off Disney property, do they still accomodate ECVs on their buses??

Strmchsr
03-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Which buses?

andrew&ryansmommy
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
I think she is referring to the shuttle buses offered at the off-site hotels.

Strmchsr
03-30-2010, 06:06 PM
I think she is referring to the shuttle buses offered at the off-site hotels.

That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. I do know most of the shuttle buses I've seen for off-site places are the mini-buses, which would not accommodate an ECV, but I don't know if all of them are that way.

PETE FROM NYC
04-01-2010, 03:44 PM
A few years ago, I called some local hotels asking that question and none would give me a straight answer.

wdwfansince75
04-01-2010, 06:05 PM
We rented ECV's for DW and a friend on our last trip. On several days, we used our own vehicle to go to EPCOT, and to AK, as the SoG buses were having repeated problems with their lifts. I found taking the ECV apart was very simple. The heaviest items were the two halves of the battery. They were about 15 lbs each. I was able to get two ECV's in the back of a Buick Rendezvous. Took less than 10 minutes to reassemble both.
We also found that some of the cabs could easly accomodate one ECV, between DTD and SoG. The driver helped...The tip was well deserved.

andrew&ryansmommy
06-06-2010, 12:37 PM
wdwfan- where did you rent your ecv from? when we went with my mom last year she also rented from an outside company, but we found we needed 2-3 adult males to lift it into a taxi. Are there different kids, I guess, or maybe different companies? We will be driving in December and assumed we couldnt drive to the parks bc we couldnt get the scooter into our car (minivan). Thanks!

peemagg
06-06-2010, 04:16 PM
There are many different types of scooters. I have a small one that they classify as a travel scooter. The biggest difference with any of them is the weight that they can handle. Unless you need a scooter that can carry over 300 lbs, you could probably get by with a travel scooter. These break down into 4 or 5 small pieces with no piece over 50lbs. Try AppleScooter.com. There is also many others, just google mobility scooter rentals-Orlando Florida and you will find many rental companies. If you need it to fit in a vehicle make sure you get one that breaks down. Request that specifically. Some companies tell you they break down, but not really.