PDA

View Full Version : rec for casual epcot lunch please

rainbodragon
03-29-2010, 12:30 PM
I am going to Epcot for f&g with my mother, who is a more adventurous diner and not really a fan of the burger and fries type place and my gf who is a picky eater, much more about steak and potatoes and not really into trying new stuff.

im looking for a place that will be fun to eat at for everyone, some place casual and on the lighter side. I am open to suggestions from anywhere in Epcot or the Boardwalk area.

thanks

Scott C
03-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Well -- that kind of things wide open. That being said. My family always enjoys Biergarten. Being a buffet -- there is plenty to choose from. Being a somewhat picky eater -- it is easier to look at the food and decide if I would like it rather than look at a description on the menu.

Thanks
Scott C

rainbodragon
03-29-2010, 12:56 PM
i forgot to mention no Beirgarten. none of us are fans of "family style" dining, and neither my mother nor i can stand the smell of saurkraut :sick:

sorry, i should have mentioned that before.

Joannelet
03-29-2010, 12:58 PM
what about Le Cellier?

SBETigg
03-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Le Cellier is pretty steak and potatoes, but I think it has enough to interest someone a little more into fine food, too. Le Chefs de France is probably going to please the foodie, and your GF might be pleasantly surprised with some of the more basic choices. Or consider Tokyo Dining or Teppan Edo. The options range at Tokyo Dining, so there's something more special for mom and more basic for the GF. Teppan Edo would be more basic in general, though still a different-- depending on if you have a Teppan style (Japanese hibachi) restaurant in your area or not.

Mickey'sGirl
03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I agree with Chefs de France. Beautifully casual, and the food is very good. If you go at lunchtime there is a great Prix Fixe menu! :thumbsup:

wdwnutz
03-29-2010, 02:37 PM
If you are looking for a counter service with alot of choices including rotisserie chicken and pork chops , soup, salads, sandwiches and Asian try Sunshine Seasons at The Land Pavillion. Our family always enjoys going there because my DS3 just wants a pb & j, me & my DD16 love the chicken and my DH can have the pork chop.

poeticeclipse
03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
I would suggest Rose and Crown. It's very casual but still themed. It has a variety on the menu. Some "odd" things for the exotic eaters and some pretty basic things for those not so brave. The prices also aren't through the roof.

brownie
03-29-2010, 11:09 PM
If you are looking for a counter service with alot of choices including rotisserie chicken and pork chops , soup, salads, sandwiches and Asian try Sunshine Seasons at The Land Pavillion. Our family always enjoys going there because my DS3 just wants a pb & j, me & my DD16 love the chicken and my DH can have the pork chop.

Another vote for Sunshine Seasons.

jonahbear2006
03-30-2010, 01:40 AM
sunshine seasons is great! I am also going to vote for rose and crown. they have great food and new things to try. le cellier is fab! they have a cheese soup that is to die for, their bread is great, and best steak ever, to top it off beautiful desserts.

badkitty
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
I would suggest Rose and Crown. It's very casual but still themed. It has a variety on the menu. Some "odd" things for the exotic eaters and some pretty basic things for those not so brave. The prices also aren't through the roof.

I second poeticelipse's choice of Rose and Crown for the reasons mentioned. Plus it has outdoor seating which is very nice. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
03-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Rose and Crown is a nice choice, but I'm going to second Mickey'sGirl's recommendation for Chef de France. Not only do they have a great prix fixe meal at lunch, they also have Remy!

If you're looking for a counter service restaurant, Sunshine Seasons is a great choice, with choices for the picky and the adventurous alike.

Morpheous
03-31-2010, 05:59 AM
Well, I've tried many of the places mentioned already and love them all. But for a casual lunch, I would actually have to suggest the Coral Reef. Its not all fish plenty of steak and such I believe. Its a casual environment and you have the huge aquarium to look at. We've done lunch at the Coral Reef every trip we have made to Disney World and my grandma is also a picky Steak and Potatoes type eater and she loves eating there! :thumbsup:

wdw dude
03-31-2010, 08:06 AM
For lunch at Epcot, my favorites are Sunshine Seasons, Chefs de France, and Le Cellier. I've never done Rose and Crown for lunch, but I like it for dinner.

:mickey:

Advnt05
03-31-2010, 09:54 AM
My wife and I are big fans of the Sushi bar upstairs at the Japan pavillion. Nice and refreshing on a hot day and you can get in quick.

diz_girl
03-31-2010, 09:54 AM
CS - Sunshine Seasons - they have a large selection. Be warned - it can get crowded and very noisy at peak meal times.
TS - Marrakesh - they have dishes for both picky and adventurous eaters, although it's not exactly a light meal. They have a band and belly-dancer there too, even for lunch, which makes it a neat experience.