PDA

View Full Version : Hop on trolley in Washington DC

Katzateer
03-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Going to Washington DC this weekend - sounds like the cherry trees and the weather should be awesome.

Has anyone ever gotten tickets for the trolley that makes the complete loop and you can get off and on anytime in a 24 hour time frame? The one I am looking at is the double decker bus

We are staying at a Sheraton in Arlington. We are going to Arlington National Cemetary, National Art Gallery and the fireworks (a dinner cruise) on Saturday. On Sunday we are going to the zoo.

thanks for any suggestions/help!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Gorgeous time to go! The weekend weather is supposed to be very nice. I haven't done the DC trolley tour, but have good experience with similar tours in other states. Enjoy!

Lynn J Mc
03-29-2010, 09:27 AM
We didn't do the double-decker but did the one that is endorsed by the National park Service. It includes Arlington and all the major monuments. We caught it in front of the Air and Space museum. You can also catch it at Union Station. We bought the tickets in our hotel. I think it was $24 for the day. It was very convenient and had great drivers.

magicalmom
03-31-2010, 06:11 PM
You can sometimes find discounts on DC trolley tour tickets through Gold Star Events - check their web site. Moderators, am I allowed to mention this? If not, I apologize.

NJGIRL
03-31-2010, 10:28 PM
The trolley we take is called the "Tourmobile" and it does the loop including Arlington. You can get on and off as often as you like and the trolley comes around about every 20 mins. You can do the loop over and over again if you want. It was an open air (during nice weather) vehicle but was not double decker.

Be careful who you use. Some of the trolleys only give you one loop per day and then your done.