PDA

View Full Version : HDDR - a good place to celebrate an 8 year-old's B-day?

the other micki
03-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Would the HDDR be a fun place to celebrate my DS 8's b-day? Do they anything special for birthdays? I was also considering Chef Mickey's... but would like any suggestions.

Thanks!

jonahbear2006
03-29-2010, 01:00 AM
I havent done this yet but i hear its the best out of the dinner theatres and a lot of people i know really enjoy it. I dont know what they do for birthdays but apparently its a great time!

disney1122
03-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Hoop Dee Doo or Chef Mickey's would be great places for a birthday. We've been to both...not celecbrated birthdays there, but both atmospheres are fun! I think those are both good choices.

DisneyBunch
03-29-2010, 02:40 PM
HDDR is a good dinner show, but it would not normally even give your family the opportunity to sing "Happy Birthday" to your DS.
At Chef Mickey's, your DS will be given a "birthday cupcake," and everyone in the restaurant will sing a fast paced version of "Happy Birthday" addressed to everyone in the restaurant who is celebrating a birthday. The experience is nothing really singular to your DS.
Another option would be the Garden Grill in EPCOT. In the past when we celebrated there, mY DD was brought out a small cake to our table and the characters came to assist in singing "Happy Birthday" to her alone. The cake was big enough that all nine in our party were given generous portions. GG was a great choice for celebrating a birthday. MY DD is now 15 and will be celebrating her 16th birthday at GG again (her choice).:mickey:

the other micki
03-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone!!!