PDA

View Full Version : I have a six flags question I'm afraid won't be seen..

mom2morgan
03-28-2010, 09:33 PM
because I put it in 'vacations beyond Disney" which is a very quiet area of the board. SO..I'm risking having it moved by posting here - but I want opinions on the Flash Pass. My family is going to Magic Mountain in July, and I'm thinking a Gold or Platinum flash pass. Are they worth it?

Disney4us2
03-28-2010, 10:06 PM
When DD and I went there last year we didn't get the flash passes. They were very expensive.

That being said, they do cut down on the wait time. That can be a big plus especially in the summer time. The Valencia area where Six Flags is located is very hot in the summer months.

I don't go on the coasters so for us it was not worth it. If you go with the idea that you will get the flash passes and put the money aside for it, I think it would be well worth it for your coaster lovers.

jray21
03-28-2010, 10:39 PM
If you can afford it, and it's a busy day, do it. A gold flash pass is virtually an unlimited fast pass. However, they are tied to the number of people you pay for, so sometimes it's better to two for a group so they can split up. You can also share one. So if you have a party of four, just get a flash pass for two, and re-do it for the ride (Only works for the gold/platinum pass). That way, if some in the group get tired of rides, you won't still be paying for them. Also, to get the most use, make sure you pick your next ride before you ride your current ride. By the time you get off of the ride, it will be ready for the next one! Last thing I can think of is for the ride X2. With the gold pass you get only one use for X2, time specific, so that may be important for the group size. X2's line moves very very slow, so even if it looks small, it can be very long so the gold pass is a major plus (The normal pass does not include X2). Also, do you already have a season pass? I know of some great deals on general admission if you don't PM me. :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
03-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Sorry, only one thread per topic, for more discussion on this please go HERE (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=168825).