PDA

View Full Version : Juice in the Poly Concierge Lounge

eandrsmom
03-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Several years back, we stayed in the concierge building at Poly. We really enjoyed a tropical juice that they had in the lounge. It was a bright orange color, but really didn't taste anything like orange juice. Does anyone know what it is and where else on property we can find it? Because our family has grown, we now need two rooms. I can't see us paying for concierge in the recent future, but would like to have the juice again.

buzznwoodysmom
03-28-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm wondering if its the same juice served at Ohana's breakfast. Its a tropical fruit juice, and I think I've heard mention that its a juice you can buy at the grocery store. I believe its made by Dole.

Ok, it seems I've found the recipe for this juice. Now I have never tried it before so I don't know if it actually tastes like the one served at the Poly. Its 1/3 Welch's Passion Fruit Juice, 1/3 Welch's Guava/Pineapple Juice, and 1/3 regular orange juice. From what I understand this is not the recipe they use at Ohana's, but apparently someone experimented and claims this combination tastes the same. I may try to make some this week to see if its close to the one we love at Ohana's.

mouseketeer mom
03-29-2010, 06:30 AM
I love the juice in the Polynesian club level lounge. One taste brings me "home"!...They call it Orange-Guava juice in the lounge.
You can order it at Kona for breakfast. There it is called Lilikoi juice, and its an orange/passion/guava blend. However, although we can enjoy it to our hearts delight in the lounge, I believe its between 3 and 4 dollars for a small glass of it at Kona's.

antnyh
03-30-2010, 11:50 AM
As posted above it is orange/guave. I agree that it is delicious. I can't find it anywhere outside of Disney...maybe I haven't looked hard enough. I do know that you can get it for b-fast at O-hana's. As a side note...knowing that it is $3-$4 per glass I feel better about paying to stay club level all the time. We tear that stuff up. I bet we could easily consume $200 between the four of us.

ljgirl
03-30-2010, 01:10 PM
It is called POG juice. If you google POG juice you may be lucky enough to find it at your local grocer! I had it for the first time in Hawaii! YUM!!

javamama
03-31-2010, 11:26 PM
We drank gallons of it a day the last two years while in the Tonga building:thumbsup: I booked O'hana's just so we'd have it again this year since we're staying in the CR this time! We love it too:cloud9: BTW my mouth is watering for it right now!

NH Disneyfan
04-01-2010, 06:01 AM
Our family had breakfast at Animal Kingdom in Tusker House this past January and the juice there was not orange, but a special tropical juice. It was awesome - I believe this is the same juice discussed here.