PDA

View Full Version : How to get to Universal for one day

Gayle
03-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Planning our trip for October will be staying at POP, but because of the new Harry Potter park we must do universal for one day. I am thinking a taxi is out best bet, what would be the exspence of a taxi from POP to universal. Thank you for any info:)

faline
03-28-2010, 05:52 PM
You might try figuring that via farefinder (http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando). Personally, I'd probably rent a car for the day or use Quicksilver. (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/)

TheRustyScupper
03-29-2010, 12:18 PM
1) MEARS runs a chuttle from WDW resorts to Univ & SeaWorld.
2) The cost is very reasonable.
3) Just compare the costs based upon size of your party.

javamama
03-29-2010, 10:35 PM
We took a Mears Coach/Bus it worked out great. Made the reservations, I think the front desk took care of alot of it, they run daily to Universal/SeaWorld, it was very reasonable and easy. Mears is the company Disney works the Magical Express thru.

mom2morgan
03-31-2010, 11:02 AM
We've used Mears, a private car service (Murray Hill) and a taxi. My pick is the taxi. With the other two options, there is a lot of adapting to someone else's schedule, but with the cab you come and go as you please. (We did IOA one day, and sceduled our pick up time, and then found there wasn't enough to keep us busy all that time and the weather was COLD - so we kind of wandered around miserably for the last three hours!). For our party of 4, the prices for all three options were nearly identical - they have to be, to stay competitive! We also were impressed with how easy it was- the desk at the resort can hail the cab for you from that end, and when you leave Universal there are literally wall-to-wall cabs just waiting to be hailed.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-02-2010, 11:15 AM
I vote for renting a car then you are in control. Shop around online and find the best deal. :mickey:

Gayle
04-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Thank you for all your help!!!!!:mickey: