PDA

View Full Version : Bus Service at Riverside/French Quarter

lizerbug
03-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Since I always find the answers I need from the people here, I was hoping I could get this question answered too. For those of you who have stayed at one or both of the Port Orleans resorts, could you tell me when going to one of the parks, which resort does the bus stop at first? It may be a minor thing to some people but I would like to get on the bus when it is at its least crowded. This will make my decision as to which resort we will be staying, Riverside or French Quarter. Thanks everyone!!! :thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
03-28-2010, 12:28 PM
The bus goes to the FQ first.

EmmMOM2
03-28-2010, 12:47 PM
I was at FQ last year and the bus stops there FIRST.

With that being said, for our whole 2 week trip the bus only ever went to Riverside twice while we were on board. Generally, it would pick up FQ and be full so it would go straight on to the destination.

Then when coming home, we were dropped off first as well.

lizerbug
03-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Hmmmm :secret: I think I'm leaning towards French Quarter then.

mouselover93
03-28-2010, 01:07 PM
french quarter 1st

Kaps
03-28-2010, 01:56 PM
When we stayed in sept last year we had seperate buses from the french quarter. I guess it depends on how full the resorts are.

lindique
03-28-2010, 06:40 PM
During "rush hour" in the morning, both resorts have their own busses. In addition, each resort always has its own busses going to/from the Magic Kingdom.

Curiously, the busses to/from Downtown Disney operate in reverse - POR first, then POFQ.

CleveRocks
03-29-2010, 12:32 PM
The Downtown Disney buses go in the opposite order because of geography. If the bus stopped at POFQ first and then POR, it would simply have to pass POFQ on its way to DTD.

I had a similar experience to another poster ... during my week at POFQ, only two times did I board a bus then went into POR at all.

lindique
03-29-2010, 06:21 PM
I had the same experience as CleveRocks - only when I went to a park in a really off hour in the middle of the day did I have to make the circle around Riverside.

And, by the way, the Downtown Disney bus is a good way to get back to POFQ at night (after seeing Bob Jackson, for example), since it goes in reverse (POR, then FQ).