PDA

View Full Version : It is Almost Here, Now We Are Back, report day 1

TheMartellFamily
03-27-2010, 08:45 PM
The Martell Family is now back from our wonderful 16 group family vacation. We all survived and made it back without any issue to speak of. We took our time and showed the first timers what it is all about, we now have more who have come to the WDW side. Here is the list of those who came.
DW
DH
DS-11
DS-6
MIL
FIL
SIL
BIL
nephew-15
nephew-6
Husbands uncle and aunt
cousins- 22,19, 11
cousin's boyfriend- 23

We stayed at Ft. Wilderness in two cabins that were 2121 and 2122 and the loop behind om a camper, which was close to us. We made most of our meals at the cabin and everyone like the variety that was had.

To start out (DAY 1)we left our house in Northern Illinois at 4:30 am and drove to Milwaukee for our 6:45 am flight to MCO. We got a really good deal on these flights at 79 dollars each way, and took our clothes on carry-ons for the week. We got to MCO 10 minutes to 11 am and went straight to Magical Express and boarded immediately. The whole bus was supposed to be for 3 other resorts but the bus was filled with just Ft Wilderness. No stops directly to Ft. Wilderness. We could not wait for MIL and FIL to pick us up so we walked to the site. They were on their way back from Wal Mart from a weeks worth of food shopping for the group.
The cabin was awesome and we enjoyed it very much, We made lunch and did not even clean up and went directly to MK. The bus system was easy since we have done this before and in 10 min we boarded the boat and went to the MK. While on the dock we met an interesting fellow who is a snow bird and stays the whole time at Ft. Wilderness. He was quite proud to tell us things, but he was not aware that everything we already knew. We did not have the heart to tell him. When we rounded the corner past the Contemporary we told my nephew to look at the Castle. The look on his face was priceless. Then that moment was ruined by the gentleman telling us something that again we already knew. We got there around 2 and stayed until close. Now this nephew who is 6 was so worried about the Haunted Mansion that he had so many questions finally we went The anxiety was growing and then finally we went on. Before he knew it was over and said that it was ok, but he does not have to do it again and we agreed. We finished the night at Splash Mt and then headed back to the cabin. Needless to say it was the coldest visit we have had in all the visits in the past, but who is complaining it is WDW!:mickey::number1:

mouseketeer mom
03-27-2010, 09:31 PM
A good first day! Glad your nephew got the HM out of the way.

KylesMom
03-29-2010, 05:09 PM
What a group - glad you converted more of 'em over to "The Disney Side". Thanks for sharing your first experiences with us! :mickey:

faline
03-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Fort Wilderness is such a wonderful place to stay! Sounds like you had a good start to your trip! Your nephew was very brave to go on Haunted Mansion when he was apprehensive about it!

RedSoxFan
03-29-2010, 07:46 PM
A great first day.:mickey:

yjgirl32
03-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Great start! Thanks for sharing.

Pocahontas
03-30-2010, 07:34 PM
I'll be taking my 6 yr old nephew to WDW in October and I hope he'll be brave enough for the HM, it's one of my favorites!

vizsla
04-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the report.

WDWdriver
04-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Those of us who hang out in the Camping Forum know the Martell family well. Glad you came back and had a good time.

pdrlkr
04-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: