PDA

View Full Version : Question about resorts?

tinkerbellfan246
03-27-2010, 03:16 PM
We are going to be staying at POFQ. We might also consider Boardwalk, too. But is there really any different between moderate and deluxe besides price? If so, what are they? Thanks for your help! :mickey:

SBETigg
03-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Deluxes have bigger rooms and bigger beds than moderates. Usually more onsite table service dining options. To me, deluxes usually feel more like a hotel while moderates feel like a motor lodge type stay, if that helps.

In the case of Boardwalk vs POFQ, one big difference is location. It's pretty nice staying within easy distance of a major park. In this case, you're in walking distance of Epcot and DHS at Boardwalk. At POFQ, you're a boat ride from Downtown Disney, if you're a Downtown Disney fan.

faline
03-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Most moderates have doors that open directly to the outside. Deluxes generally have inside corriders. Moderates do not have balconies. Most deluxes have balconies or patios.

Moderates have pizza delivery as a room service option. Deluxes have room service off a menu.

As already noted, deluxes generally feature larger room sizes and more desirable locations (in terms of being able to walk to parks and/or having monorail access). Delxues often have spas and some feature signature restaurants on site.

mom2morgan
03-27-2010, 03:48 PM
I think the pools are also bigger and more elaborate. However, I don't agree with the comment about the moderates feeling like motels - I actually prefer the separate buildings with exterior corridors - I feel less closed in.

MOJoe
03-29-2010, 10:57 AM
To me, the big difference between a Mod and a Deluxe is location. While staying at a Mod you feel as though you in Disney World. But having a room at the Boardwalk, or any of that area's resorts, makes me feel like i am staying at World Showcase, and just a short walk from The Studios. The same thing can be said about Magic Kingdom and the Monorail Resorts.

This may be a subtle difference to some, but having the many conveniences that comes from being so close to the parks makes the Deluxes worth the money.

DizneyRox
03-29-2010, 12:30 PM
To me, the big difference between a Mod and a Deluxe is location.
BINGO! It's mostly about location and convenience. We love staying at the Boardwalk/Beach Club on our DVC points. Spend a lot of time at Epcot and being able to walk without dealing with crowds is fantastic.

I prefer the location over the MK area as well, not a big fan of the monorail resorts. Maybe if I spent any time at MK I would feel different.

bruin1344
03-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Deluxes have better themes, bus service, room size, beds, location, restaurants, and pools than moderates.

caryrae
03-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Question, do only Deluxes have other ways besides buses or driving yourself to get to 1 or more of the Parks like walking, monorail, and boat? Or are there other Resorts you can do this? Not talking about DtD or waterparks just the Theme Parks.

faline
03-29-2010, 01:27 PM
So far as I know, some deluxes have the ability to get to parks via other means than buses or a person's own car. None of the moderates or values have this kind of access that I can recall.

caryrae
03-29-2010, 01:28 PM
but not all Deluxes?

biodtl
03-29-2010, 02:42 PM
but not all Deluxes?
No - for instance - AKL only had buses for transportation.

Scar
03-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Question, do only Deluxes have other ways besides buses or driving yourself to get to 1 or more of the Parks like walking, monorail, and boat? Or are there other Resorts you can do this? Not talking about DtD or waterparks just the Theme Parks.You can walk from POP or CBR to DHS or Epcot.

fielin
03-29-2010, 05:02 PM
You can walk from POP or CBR to DHS or Epcot.

Really ? I've never heard of it before !

Is there a walkway ? How long does it take ?

Scar
03-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Check out this thread. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162127&highlight=crosswalk)

NoDramaMama
03-30-2010, 03:01 AM
Don't forget you can take the boat from FW Cabins to MK.

jonahbear2006
03-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Deluxes are super nice, moderates are ehh. they dont get refurbed that much, imho. I really disliked POR and it talked us into not wanting to ever stay moderate again. The mousekeeping isnt as good, either. The staff at deluxe seems to remember us and always tend to our needs and moderate its like you dont even exist. the pools are much nicer, I think, and in some cases, warmer. I think the FW pools are always cold, even though they are supposedly heated to the same temp as the rest of the pools.