PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Question

Karen5
03-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Today I booked our vacation!!!
We're staying 8 nights at the Poly w/ garden view room. Ever since I was a child I have always wanted to stay here!!! I chose to stay in the Tokelau building. I would like to be pretty central to everything. How is Tokelau? Did I choose correctly? Any additional suggestions?
Thanks!!!!
Karen.:clappy:

Polynesian Dweller
03-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Great choice. It's a newer building and all floors have balconies. Rooms are a bit larger and have double sinks in the bathroom. From many rooms you can catch a view of the lagoon and the fireworks by looking to the north.

You will be no more than 5 minutes walk from anywhere including the TTC and the GCH. In fact, the grounds are much smaller than people think (it's great design that gives the size effect).

Be sure to take the resort launch to MK and watch the ELP and the fireworks from the beach. I know you will have a great time with your choice. Oh, and if you haven't already, check out tikiman's Polynesian site for all the info you could ever want.

PetefromRI
03-27-2010, 09:28 PM
We'll be there in May and we also requested Tokelua.It's the most centrally located longhouse.

DisneyorBust
03-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Great choice! Close to everything at the Poly, both pools, the GCH, the beach (Wishes!) and the TTC. Have a great time at the Poly!

DisneyBunch
03-28-2010, 10:17 AM
We have stayed at the Polynesian twice before, both times in Tokelau. As everyone has said, it is centrally located. It was a great building to stay in.
With that said, we are going for seven nights in July and will purposely not request Tokelau. In fact, we are not "requesting" any particular building. Disney has no obligation to give you what you request and we would rather not look forward to a particular building and be disappointed when we didn't get it. We may actually get a building that we like more.
I think that you will enjoy your stay at the Polynesian regardless of what longhouse that you stay in. Have a great trip!:mickey:

Susan A
03-31-2010, 10:31 PM
We stayed in that building and it was great. We had a garden view and it over looked a walkway and some greenery. I feed my daughter breakfast out on the balcony. The front of the building faces a pool. It was a very easy to walk to the TTC. That's how we got to EPCOT and sometimes the MK. Also, you are close to the laundry room.

I, too, had always dreamed of staying at the Poly and the last time we went, we did it. We stayed 4 nights in mid Dec.

Enjoy! You'll love it!
:mickey:

Eponine
04-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Only select rooms have 2 double sinks in Tokelau, not all the rooms.

Tokelau is a great building, very centrally lcoated. I've stayed in that building 2 times.

You will love the Poly!!!

IloveDisney71
04-01-2010, 09:56 PM
We stayed in that building two years ago and loved it. Our room faced the pool. It was a short walk to everything. You'll love the Poly!
Try the Tonga Toast for b-fast. YUM!