PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge-2 rooms-new baby

jonahbear2006
03-27-2010, 02:25 AM
Finally got our rooms reserved. 2 adjoining rooms. I did not know that with only two adults they have to guarantee adjoining; that's nice. Has anyone had a hard time with Disney reps, lately? We really struggled the past few days to get anything done. The passholder site; ugh, frustrating. We decided to go ahead and go in August, and will have a month old baby. We have seen the wilderness lodge but haven't eaten there or stayed before; any veteran tips or tips on a new baby going with....? My older children are concerned about the water slide. They think from the photos online that it looks wimpy...anyone know how their kids liked it or didn't like it? Course, mine are used to the pirate slide at stormalong.(ugh, so much for spoilin' them, lol)
As far as the baby goes, we did book all of our dining on bay lake, so we would do no rushing and banked on an 815 crystal palace the kids are roaring about! Trip came to $3100 after dining plan. Does this sound like an ok deal?

TheRustyScupper
03-27-2010, 05:35 AM
I did not know that with only two adults they have to guarantee adjoining; that's nice.
. . . not so
. . . they try to accommodate
. . . but, NO room at WDW is ever guaranteed
. . . connecting, suite, view, anything else

Has anyone had a hard time with Disney reps, lately?
. . . not often

any veteran tips or tips on a new baby going with....?
. . . patience
. . . frequent breaks

My older children are concerned about the water slide. They think from the photos online that it looks wimpy
. . . ya, kinda

Does this sound like an ok deal?
. . . sure

tinxmom
03-27-2010, 09:20 AM
We have always (7 seperate trips) booked two rooms for our family of five and have ALWAYS gotten adjoining, so don't worry. Their first priority is to put families with young children in adjoining rooms.

Scar
03-27-2010, 09:57 AM
You may already know this, but "adjoining" means the rooms are next to each other. If you want an interior door to get from one room to the other without going into the hall, those are "connecting" rooms.

KAT1811
03-27-2010, 10:07 AM
The youngest I have taken any of our children to the World is 3 1/2 months. I can't say that I would hesitate to take a baby outside of the one month mark. I always say that when you have children it's a relocation not a just a vacation.

Depending when you are going I would bring a stroller fan for the little one if you are expecting high temps. As I'm sure you know babies that young have trouble adjusting their body temps so the fan will help keep the air circulating while your little one is resting. Sun hat (as I'm sure you already know).

I loved having my Baby Bjorn with me when the kids were little. It made loading and unloading on the rides much easier with my arms free to help the other little ones. (We have 4, DD13, DD5, DD3, and DS1).

I guess my only real advice is to do what you normally do when you are out and about at home in Disney. Just make sure to pack or order from Garden Grocer any baby items you may need. Diapers, formula, etc. things like that are expensive in Disney.

jonahbear2006
03-27-2010, 05:42 PM
You may already know this, but "adjoining" means the rooms are next to each other. If you want an interior door to get from one room to the other without going into the hall, those are "connecting" rooms.

ooooooh, thank you. do they have these at WL? Is it even possible to get this? If they do have it, how likely is it that we will get our request filled?

jonahbear2006
03-27-2010, 05:45 PM
The youngest I have taken any of our children to the World is 3 1/2 months. I can't say that I would hesitate to take a baby outside of the one month mark. I always say that when you have children it's a relocation not a just a vacation.

Depending when you are going I would bring a stroller fan for the little one if you are expecting high temps. As I'm sure you know babies that young have trouble adjusting their body temps so the fan will help keep the air circulating while your little one is resting. Sun hat (as I'm sure you already know).

I loved having my Baby Bjorn with me when the kids were little. It made loading and unloading on the rides much easier with my arms free to help the other little ones. (We have 4, DD13, DD5, DD3, and DS1).

I guess my only real advice is to do what you normally do when you are out and about at home in Disney. Just make sure to pack or order from Garden Grocer any baby items you may need. Diapers, formula, etc. things like that are expensive in Disney.

thank you!!! this is good info. So you've pretty much done this. We have 5 kids so we are used to the recovery and all. My little bit of worry now i think is just with the 18 hr drive and i really want my car.

Scar
03-28-2010, 07:25 AM
ooooooh, thank you. do they have these at WL? Is it even possible to get this? If they do have it, how likely is it that we will get our request filled?Yes they have them, but there is no way of knowing how likely it is you will get them. I would call to change your reqest from adjoining to connecting.

BigThunderFan
03-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Yes the slide is a little "wimpy" compared to Stormalong, but it is still fun because of the theming. My kids both loved it and they have been on much better ones too.

I don't think it is too much to go with a one month old, but August may be testing it. Be prepared for extreme heat and humidity and remember the little one will wear out or get overheated very easy. Take lots of A/C breaks like shows and shops when you can. Also, lots of water!

TammiMcMan
03-28-2010, 11:48 PM
If they do have it, how likely is it that we will get our request filled?There aren't as many as what you'd find at the values, but that being said, I don't think connecting rooms are a very common request at the deluxes, so I would think that your chances are very good. Unfortunately, as pointed out, there is never a guarantee, but they will do their best.

Sounds like you have 6 towards occupancy (ages 3 and over), is that correct? If so, did you ask about a junior suite? It's a 2 room suite that holds 6 and comes with club level service. Not sure if that would bring your cost down more, but I think with regular rates, it's less expensive than booking two rooms.

jonahbear2006
03-29-2010, 12:48 AM
the reason we didnt go with that, which was a deluxe room that we were looking at, was because it was not applicable with the 40% off passholder discount. We really cant afford to stay deluxe without the discount. It is a bit frustrating but I can sure deal with it getting to stay in such a great resort.