PDA

View Full Version : Ok so Monday seems like the day.....

javamama
03-27-2010, 01:00 AM
that some big discount is "supposed" to come out for Visa card holders. I read this on a few other boards. Here's my question, some seem to think it's free dining. Let's say it is....and you have a ressie booked under the winter--spring special(and it falls during that time for some reason...crazy I know!) Can I get both discounts at the same time? I'm betting on NO, I'm thinking only one or the other...right?

Thanks tons:mickey:

PetefromRI
03-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Correct.It's always one or the other.We always do the math.The more people in your room the better the deal the meal plan is.

PopPhan
03-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Only one discount per reservation - That is correct. No, that doesn't mean that if this 'new' discount is better, you cannot change your reservation (specially if you booked through Magical Journeys [an INTERCOT sponsor])

Disney just doesn't allow 'stacked' discounts.

Enjoy your trip!

patandmikesmom
03-28-2010, 07:02 PM
I keep checking everyday keeping my fingers crossed that free dining comes out for our travel dates. Last year I was notified on March 26th -- on the Disney Visa promo for free dining, so I have been checking my emails like crazy the last two days!!!

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2010, 08:58 AM
A new discount did come out today, but it looks like it's just a general discount on resort rooms and is open to the general public:

Summer Promo 5/12-8/14/10 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=168848)

No one can say for sure that a free dining offer won't come out during this time frame too, but I have my doubts. I think it is more likely that they will release a free dining discount for Fall, as they have done in the past.

Keep an eye on the stickied threads at the top of this forum for any further specials that come up. :mickey:

javamama
03-29-2010, 10:17 PM
It came, nothing fantastic to say the least. The deal that just ended was alot better IMO, glad I booked before the 27th to say the least. Hope everyone else gets what they want soon.

KylesMom
03-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Interestingly enough, my mom received a Disney Visa promotion flyer for free dining earlier in the year, good until July 3rd. When she said, "use it, I can't" (she's not like us - Disney fanatics), she was shocked that being Disney Visa holders since Day 1 we didn't receive the same offer. Of course, we wouldn't have used it anyway since it not only doesn't fall during our travel dates, but we got a much better room-only rate at WL during our stay through MJ. I guess it just goes to show that until they're released, you never can get a handle on Disney discounts!

PopPhan
03-30-2010, 08:08 AM
This discount, released yesterday, is a general populace discount, NOT Disney Visa specific, so must not be what the OP was talking about.

In that, in previous years, the Fall "Free DDP" offer came out in the first week of April, I still would not be surprised to see a Disney Visa Cardholder offer come out about this time next week for the August 15th - September 30th time frame.

Wishful thinking, maybe, as my nephew and his fiancee will be visiting in mid-September for their honeymoon -- they are getting married Sept. 17th!) and it would be nice to have the nice savings for their trip.