PDA

View Full Version : Peanut/Egg allergy--Chicken strips/nuggets/Safe foods

Bubbie Girl
03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
We are going in July and have a 2 year old with severe peanut, tree nut and egg allergies and I was wondering if any of you that may have those allergies know if the chicken strips/nuggets are safe?
I am guessing they are but not sure of the crispy coating on the strips(dipped in egg?) and if they use any type of peanut oil. We are just trying to get an idea of what the little guy will be able to eat. What are some of the things you were able to eat and felt were safe.
I know at the sit down meals the Chefs will assist me but I am wondering about the Quick Serve and snack items.
Thanks Much

ElenitaB
03-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi! I'm going to move your thread over to the Guests with Special Needs forum, where parents and others who face similar challenges can pipe in!

Strmchsr
03-26-2010, 10:27 PM
I know that, except for Asian food items (needs the higher smoking point of peanut oil) all WDW foods are cooked with canola oil. I think, also, that I read somewhere that Wolfgang Puck's place used peanut oil, but not 100% sure on that one.

At any rate, what I would suggest is calling Disney Dining (407-WDW-Dine) and tell them of your needs and your concerns with the QS restaurants. They should be able to either (1) answer your concerns or (2) connect you with the special diet needs folks who are extremely helpful. If you get a CM who is not helpful just PM me and I can give you the direct phone numbers for each park's special needs department. It's just easier if you don't have to call around. Also, when you arrive at a QS restaurant tell them of your dietary needs. The manager, or someone designated, can almost always assist you in finding something for your son.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I sent an email to [email protected] explaining to them that I wanted as much documentation on counter service allergy information as they could provide, and among the four attached files they sent to me was a sheet laying out the more common food items and their allergy information. You need to send an email to the address above and ask for all the information they can send you, particularly for counter service foods.

There are three “words” used for chicken at WDW: chicken strips, chicken nuggets, and chicken tenderloins. Both chicken strips and chicken nuggets contain egg. However, listed in a special section of the files Special Diets will email you is a product called Chicken Tenderloins, and they are allergy free. They are only available at limited locations, and as of November 2009, were available at Restaurantosaurus at AK, ABC Commissary, Backlot Express, and Rosie’s All Star Diner at DHS, Electric Umbrella and Liberty Inn at EPCOT, and Columbia Harbour House at MK.

Be sure to request this full info from Special Diets. The information they give is very thorough on many foods items, although it does leave some questions unanswered about some foods (like CS pizza.)

Also, I started a thread about CS foods that contains a lot of helpful information from folks that have been to WDW with food allergies, and particulary with counter service foods.
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162703
EDIT: after posting the link above, I realized that you have already posted once in that thread back in October 2009, so you may already have read everything, but Jennifer_and_Chris posted a really good trip report on food after your post, so be sure you have checked that out.