PDA

View Full Version : Magical Secrets

ransam
03-26-2010, 07:13 PM
I was thinking about this today that i'm sure we all have little things we have found magical in the park by accident. I was gonna share one w/ you that i discovered and was hoping you'd share yours.
last december i went to Illuminations at Epcot. While waiting in line, i noticed that the american adventure's last show was at 9 30, which is what time the park closed. so i decided to watch illuminations and then go see AA since my friends had already seen it. so the show ended and i went to see the movie in American Adventure. first of all there were only 3 of use watching it, which was kind of weird. but the magical part was when the movie/show ended i left the theatre and countries were just about empty. there were a few guests, and a few clean up crews....but i was on an EVC, and it was really a beautiful night, and so i took my time going back to the front of the park. it was kind of cool to be there on that beautiful night, w/ the music still playing and the country lights on, and no crowds at all....when i go back this year, i will try to do that again...

homeschool mom
03-26-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't know if this is a secret, but one of the most magical things I have enjoyed in the parks happens at Epcot during the Christmas season. On the two occasions that I was fortunate enough to be at WDW during this time of year, I enjoyed standing and watching the arch between Future World and World Showcase. It was beautiful as the lights changed colors in sync with the holiday music. I could have stood there for hours and watched it! Hopefully some day I'll get to be there again at Christmas time. :santa:

faline
03-26-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't know if this is a secret, but one of the most magical things I have enjoyed in the parks happens at Epcot during the Christmas season. On the two occasions that I was fortunate enough to be at WDW during this time of year, I enjoyed standing and watching the arch between Future World and World Showcase. It was beautiful as the lights changed colors in sync with the holiday music. I could have stood there for hours and watched it! Hopefully some day I'll get to be there again at Christmas time. :santa:

Yes, that was a lovely feature. It was not put up last year and, from what I understand, it may not be seen again.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
03-26-2010, 09:48 PM
This is kind of strange..but, one time when dw and dd14 were watching illuminations for about the 1000 th time, I was watching the lights reflect off the water around Tom Sawyer's island with a cast member. He was telling me that every now and then alligators swim up the canal and into that area...sure enough, we saw a gator. It was kind of eerie watching it slowly work it's way in the water, we watched him for about 10 minutes, and he disappeared just as silently as he appeared...

CaptSmee
03-26-2010, 10:37 PM
This is kind of strange..but, one time when dw and dd14 were watching illuminations for about the 1000 th time, I was watching the lights reflect off the water around Tom Sawyer's island with a cast member. He was telling me that every now and then alligators swim up the canal and into that area...sure enough, we saw a gator. It was kind of eerie watching it slowly work it's way in the water, we watched him for about 10 minutes, and he disappeared just as silently as he appeared...

you were watching Illuminations at Tom Sawyers Island??? they aren't at the same parks! were you watching Wishes?

KAT1811
03-27-2010, 09:41 AM
I love walking out of Epcot when it is virtually empty. That happened to us some years back after a late dinner at Alfredo's. I was so amazing, we felt like we had the entire park to ourselves.

I would say an equally nice time is early morning before the park opens. We had breakfast at Akershus last year and the walk to the restaurant was magical.

I can't really say that I have any "secrets" per say but there are a great many little things I truly enjoy in Disney.

AXOAlum
03-27-2010, 05:49 PM
I would say an equally nice time is early morning before the park opens. We had breakfast at Akershus last year and the walk to the restaurant was magical.

Just booked our breakfast ADR today and I am SO looking forward to this experience. I love EPCOT! :mickey:

BigThunderFan
03-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Just booked our breakfast ADR today and I am SO looking forward to this experience. I love EPCOT! :mickey:

It is amazing to walk through the parks almost completely alone! You will love it. We have some great pictures from Epcot with NO ONE in them, the park looks even bigger when empty!

crltkcagle
03-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks for sharing that story.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
03-28-2010, 07:40 PM
I stand corrected...brain fart on my part...we were actually watching the light parade.

phillydan
03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
One of my favorites was discovering the back walkway from Tomorrowland to Toontown (Space Mountain to Train station). I was with my DS5 and we were waiting for DW and DD's to come out of SM for the rider switch. It was so noisy in the shop, so we ventured outside to just walk around. We found the walkng path and it was pretty deserted. Just then a train came buy and the engineer pulled the whistle and waved - got some great video of that moment. There are some benches along the way, so it is a nice place to get away from the madness of the park for a few minutes of peace and quiet.

cer
03-28-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't think this is a secret, but it is one of my favorite gifts that the Imagineers have created.

There is a very large fountain in Epcot between Club Cool and MouseGears. I love the 'fountain show' every so often. The music gets louder and the sprays are choreographed to the music.

I absolutely LOVE it and sometimes I feel like it is performing just for me as I stand there and watch while so many others keep walking by.

biodtl
03-29-2010, 02:34 PM
I agree with the Epcot late at night posts. We always schedule a late dinner in Japan, and have a blast walking out when hardly anyone is around. Last time, a bunch of custodial CMs were walking nearby and we started talking. Before long, they had us singing and dancing along with them. It was a blast and it felt like our own special "moment"

BugeyedMuggy
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM
This is a secret so dont tell anybody!:secret:
If you walk from DHS to EPCOT, take a right at the Boardwalk pool and go by the arcade. You will come out at the surrey bike rental kiosk. Continue to EPCOT and you will save alot of walking and arive about 5 mins before the boat would have gotten you there.

Wishmaker
03-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I don't think this is a secret, but it is one of my favorite gifts that the Imagineers have created.

There is a very large fountain in Epcot between Club Cool and MouseGears. I love the 'fountain show' every so often. The music gets louder and the sprays are choreographed to the music.

I absolutely LOVE it and sometimes I feel like it is performing just for me as I stand there and watch while so many others keep walking by.

Me to me to to. :D

Jll3Sonex
03-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Nighttime's the magical part for me. Last summer DW and DS gave it up early on an EMH night at the Magic Kingdom, and walking through Tomorrowland was wonderful. No heat, no crowds - all the lights on and the music...

Sigh. :cloud9:

JPL
03-30-2010, 12:42 PM
In December I was in World Showcase early in the morning right after it opened and there was a woman painting Disney Characters on the sidewalk using water and broom she did Goofy, Donald and Mickey:mickey: A very cool thing to watch.

Imagineer1981
03-30-2010, 02:05 PM
That was always my favorite part of closing the MK at Space Mountain. When I left the ride all of tomorrowland was empty but the lights and music were still going. I could just stroll back to the Utilidor and enjoy the peace and beauty of MK at night