PDA

View Full Version : Ohana HELP!!!

wdwluv
03-26-2010, 04:21 PM
I've made reservations for Ohana for dinner upon all of your rave reviews and recommendations.

But as I'm going over all the dining options, I think I may have found there is two different options? One is dinner at 'Ohana, which I booked, but I just happened upon a different reservation option - Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian Resort. Is THIS the one you are all raving about??? I reserved 'Ohana and assumed it was two table service credits...but now I must have it all confused! HELP OH WISE ONES!! (my trip is in May!!!)

wildernesslady
03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Ohanas is the one most talk about. We love it; although you will get mixed reviews here. Food is subjective. You should give it a try.

DVC2004
03-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Ohana is the one that gets more raves- and like wilderness lady we love it! Some here think it's not so great. We;ve been going every trip since 2001 and never had a bad meal there.

vicster
03-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Stick with 'Ohana!

KylesMom
03-26-2010, 04:59 PM
As mentioned, Ohana is a totally separate dining venue than the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Polynesian. Whereby Ohana only takes one dining credit (and is located in what they call "The Great Ceremonial House"), the Spirit of Aloha dinner show in the cove takes two. It sounds like you reserved correctly!

DizneyRox
03-26-2010, 07:17 PM
... Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian Resort. Is THIS the one you are all raving about???
Surely you jest! :mickey:

gerald72
03-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Stick with what you got.

mom2morgan
03-26-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm pretty sure Ohana is the one you meant to book. Spirit of Aloha is a dinner show - and although I'd still like to try it, it gets VERY dim reviews here ;-)

mickeys_princess_mom
03-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Ohana, Cousin! :wave::papple:

faline
03-26-2010, 07:56 PM
O'Hana is located inside the Great Ceremonial Hall at the Polynesian. It is very popular and many folks give it rave reviews. We haven't eaten here in a while but, personally, it is not on our must-do list.

The other is a Hawaiaan themed luau located on Polynesian property in an outdoor theater setting. This used ot be an excellent show and I would equate the old show as on a par with most luaus you night experience on a trip to the Hawaiian Islands. The new show is cute but I wouldn't rush back to see it.

Of the two, I'm sure you meant to book O'Hana based on the majority of reviews here on Intercot.

ljgirl
03-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Ohana gets rave reviews here. We were there last week and while the food was good, the service was not. It took over 2 hours for us to complete the meal due to inattentive staff!