PDA

View Full Version : Western Way project?

rainbodragon
03-25-2010, 05:06 PM
2-3 years ago i remember hearing about a new area that was going to be built near western way. it would have a new shopping area and The 4 Seasons was going to put up a new luxury hotel.

any else know about this? did it just fall victim to the recession? did i imagine the whole thing?
:confused:

Strmchsr
03-25-2010, 06:14 PM
It's currently under way. I can't remember the name of the 4 Seasons hotel, but I saw that announced recently.

Scott C
03-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Weren't those separate projects -- I thought that the four seasons has been under construction for a year or so -- on a site east of Ft. Wilderness.

Or perhaps I am confused.

Thanks
Scott C

joelkfla
03-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Weren't those separate projects -- I thought that the four seasons has been under construction for a year or so -- on a site east of Ft. Wilderness.

Or perhaps I am confused.

Thanks
Scott C
No, you are spot on.

The 4 Seasons is east of Ft. Wilderness, with a portion north of Port Orleans Riverside. I don't know the status of the resort as a whole, but the gate area looks nearly complete.

The Western Way development, which is out past Coronado Springs along the 429 toll road, is named Flamingo Crossings. All the roadwork is complete and the landscaping (lots of fairly large trees) was put in a few months ago. But there has been no building activity yet.

rainbodragon
03-26-2010, 12:24 PM
thanks everyone. :number1: